Fall 2020 Municipal Advisory Accounting Intern
Company: Baker Tilly Virchow Krause LLP
Posted on: March 24, 2020
Overview--Baker Tilly Municipal Advisors, LLC (BTMA), a
wholly-owned subsidiary of Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker
Tilly), specializes in advising governments, including cities,
towns, villages, counties, authorities, utilities, public schools
and libraries, as well as higher education, healthcare entities,
power and water districts and economic development organizations.
--Solving problems, creating opportunities and meeting our clients
accounting, capital planning and public finance needs are the
hallmarks of the services we provide.-- As a Consultant, you
will--play an integral role--in many types of client engagements
and will help provide objective analysis, planning and creative
solutions for all types of projects. A career with BTMA will allow
you to make a difference in the communities we serve.----Baker
Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax
and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients
through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and
anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its
affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South
America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent
member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of
independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145
territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide
revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion.----Baker Tilly
provides a positive work environment with a focus on learning and
development, collaboration between coworkers, and advancement
opportunities.-- Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on
LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.--Its an exciting time to join Baker
Tilly!--Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018--Responsibilities
- Interns assist with client engagements involving financial
management reporting, municipal budget preparation and analysis,
utility rate studies, capital project planning, and additional
- Responsibilities will vary and include gathering data,
preparing financial reports, research, and assisting with analysis
- Project work may include assisting with compliance reports
related to bond issues.
- Interns are involved in client engagements that include the
opportunity to attend meetings and gather information at the client
- Some travel with experienced staff may be required, but most is
same-day travel within the state.
- Learn directly from experienced Staff, Seniors, Managers,
Principals and Partners with specialized experience and technical
knowledge across numerous industries and services.
- Demonstrate your performance and ability to join Baker Tilly as
a Consultant full-time.Qualifications
- Pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree in Accounting, Finance,
or related field required; sufficient course work to sit for the
CPA exam--upon graduation--preferred.
- Outstanding academic performance required, with a preferred GPA
of 3.0 or above.
- Relevant internship, work experience and/or involvement with a
professional organization preferred.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all
levels of client personnel in various industries.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and collaboration
- Strong attention to detail, a desire to learn and a high degree
of analytical ability.
- Be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship during the
internship program and as a full-time employee.
Keywords: Baker Tilly Virchow Krause LLP, Mishawaka , Fall 2020 Municipal Advisory Accounting Intern, Accounting, Auditing , Mishawaka, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!