Receptionist - Part Time - Family Medicine Center
Company: Saint Joseph Health System
Posted on: March 21, 2020
Minimum: $12.37 - Maximum $17.94
Performs clerical, reception, scheduling and patient financial
account functions in the ambulatory care setting. Assists in
coordinating primary health care services to a large outpatient
1. Actively demonstrates the organization's mission and core
values, and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent
with these values.
2. Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to
patient health, safety and medical information.
3. Greets patients and other visitors arriving for appointments,
and notifies the appropriate associate(s), or directs the
patient/visitor to appropriate service or facility. Must be able to
communicate via telephone and in person in a professional,
courteous, friendly, and non-intimidating manner.
4. Obtains, verifies, and enters patient information into Medical
Practice Software and/or Electronic Medical Record. Insures the
accuracy of all entries.
5. Performs telephone reception duties, answers routine questions,
takes messages and refers calls to the appropriate associate(s) per
individual ambulatory care setting policies and procedures.
6. Schedules, reschedules and cancels patient office visits as
determined by physician preference and specific ambulatory care
setting procedures. May include scheduling of referral tests and
procedures ordered by the physician.
7. Depending on the ambulatory care office, assures all records are
available to the physician for phone messages, and prepares patient
medical record for office visit.
8. Performs basic filing, scanning and photocopying duties.
9. Depending on the ambulatory care office, may be required to
verify and enter charges, collect and post payments, balance daily
charges, prepare daily deposit, and close down the computer.
10. Manages flow of paperwork through the registration process.
Assures that patients are kept informed of appointment time
11. Knowledgeable of third party payer policies and procedures,
documentation requirements, and patient instruction procedures.
12. Maintains knowledge and skills of front office operations in
order to assist as necessary with reception, medical records,
scheduling, and billing functions.
13. Maintains a good rapport and cooperative working relationship
with all members of the medical office, other medical offices,
hospital services, and community agencies.
14. Maintains technological competencies, organization, and
neatness in the work area. Completes all mandatory in-services in
required timeframe. Regularly assists co-workers as needed.
Utilizes resources in a manner which reflects an understanding of
15. Performs other duties consistent with purpose of job as
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
Education: High school graduate or equivalent is preferred.
Previous training in general medical office skills and procedures
preferred. Proficient and knowledgeable of medical terminology is
preferred, but not required.
Experience: One to two years of experience in an ambulatory care
setting is preferred. Experience may include: cashier, basic
account posting, billing, filing, reception, telephone, or computer
Other Job Requirements:
Must be tactful in handling patient problems often of a highly
personal and confidential nature.
Must be able to maintain composure during frustrating interpersonal
Sustained mental attention required.
Works under direct supervision, but requires independent thinking
and only unusual problems proceeding to the highest level.
Ability to adjust communication skills to the level of the
Complete the checklist below to identify physical and sensory
requirements, and environmental settings.
May need to occasionally travel to other SJPN locations within the
three county area.
Assigned hours within your shift, starting time, or days of work
are subject to change based on departmental and/or organizational
Keywords: Saint Joseph Health System, Mishawaka , Receptionist - Part Time - Family Medicine Center, Administration, Clerical , Mishawaka, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!