Company: Standard Motor Products, Inc
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Provide process-engineering support for the Mishawaka Standard
Motor Products Wire Extrusion plant. The Process Engineer will
create systems, methods and best practices to optimize our
manufacturing processes. This position will interact with
extrusion, PVC, towers, twisters, and silicone and braider
operations and will coordinate process improvements, quality
corrective actions and cost reduction activities. This position
will participate in weekly quality meetings and write and execute
all quality corrective action requests.Job Requirements:
- Design, develop and implement optimal manufacturing methods
through mechanical or new programing requirements and methods.
- For new raw materials, work with suppliers and engineering
staff to identify and establish processing parameters.
- Participate in formal cost reduction activity.
- Design/modify equipment and processes to meet customer and
- Investigate quality issues, write corrective actions and
execute the implementation changes through the production
- Work closely with the design Engineering and manufacturing
teams to introduce new processes and new product launches.
- Complete various engineering projects as assigned.
- Design and coordinate new equipment fabrication and
- Evaluate existing equipment; making recommendations as to
refurbishing or replacement to improve productivity.
- Coordinate the design of tools, dies, jigs, fixtures, etc.
- Engineering degree required or minimum 10 years' experience in
an engineering related function in a high volume wire extrusion
- Strong interpersonal communication and organizational
- 5 years prior experience leading a team towards effective
continuous improvement activities.
- Must have strong analytical skills with the ability to use data
to develop metrics and track process improvements.
- Must have minimum 8 years PVC and Crosslink extrusion
processing engineering experience.
- Ability and desire to learn technological innovations and
maintain skills by taking annual classes.
- Software Skills - MS Office, ERP system knowledge, ability to
create and maintain data bases for metric tracking.
- Minimum 8 years PLC, AC and DC drive programing experience.
- Ability to program laser micrometers and laser count
- Full ability to use electrical meters and machining equipment
to troubleshoot and execute upgrades. .
- Available for after-hours support as required.
Keywords: Standard Motor Products, Inc, Mishawaka , Process Engineer, Engineering , Mishawaka, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!