Sr. Firmware Engineer
Company: SmartSense by Digi
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Title: Senior Firmware Engineer
Location: Mishawaka, IN (Hybrid)
Join a high-performing, tight-knit team at a fast-growing company
that is using the Internet of Things (IOT) to transform how
organizations sense, monitor, and make decisions. Founded out of
MIT in 2005, Smart Sense is trusted by more than 2,000
organizations, including Walmart, SpaceX, Apple, CVS Health,
Coca-Cola, and the US State Department to help them make
sensor-driven decisions. We have a solution that our customers rely
on every day to make mission critical decisions; we are looking for
team-oriented change agents to help shape the future of IOT.
- Lead a team of embedded software engineers to design and
develop embedded software for wireless temperature and humidity
sensors, cellular and Ethernet gateways.
- Work on projects on varying stages in the product life cycle,
ranging from new technology development to projects introducing
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to convert user stories
into software requirements and design specifications.
- Support integration of firmware and hardware, direct and work
with QA test engineers to develop test cases and perform unit,
integration and end-to-end system testing.
- Support for developing manufacturing test fixtures and test
- Support for root causes failure analysis and corrective actions
of field failures and quality escapes with quality engineers.
- Contribute to enhance current software development process and
accountability to improve development efficiency.Preferred
Experience and Professional Competencies:
- 8+ years of experience developing embedded firmware using C and
C++ and Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS).
- Strong skills in designing, programming and testing of embedded
system and proficiency in troubleshooting
- Experience with developing firmware for low power and battery
powered IoT devices.
- Working knowledge of short-range wireless technologies like
Zigbee, Bluetooth Low Energy, LoRa and proprietary sub 1 GHz.
- Experience with TCP/UDP/IP network protocols and implementing
security and privacy best practices.
- Familiar with Atmel 8 and 16-bit microcontrollers and Nordic
short range wireless microcontrollers and IoT cellular modems.
- Experience with source revision control and build systems
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or
- Working knowledge and experience related to the Agile
- Proven track record in delivering embedded firmware
- Familiarity with IoT platforms, evolving RF communication
standards and sensors
- Ability to provide technical leadership related to firmware
- Excellent organizational skills, verbal and written
communication skills, and time management skills
**Women and minorities encouraged to apply.
Keywords: SmartSense by Digi, Mishawaka , Sr. Firmware Engineer, Engineering , Mishawaka, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!