Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: September 19, 2022
The Engineering Manager will manage the Manufacturing
Engineering Department. They will provide leadership and
support on the launch of new products, as assigned, to ensure
timeliness and minimal errors, oversee the implementation of new
processes, capacity increases, quality and scrap improvements, cost
reductions, and support all technical requirements of the
- Drives Engineers in the improvement of the cost and quality of
- Supervises Manufacturing Engineering and Support functions for
current manufacturing processes, new process justification and
implementation, machines, equipment, tooling, work standards, and
technical troubleshooting to provide the most efficient and
economical manufacturing and assembly of quality products.
- Coordinates release dates and availability of machines,
equipment, and material schedules to satisfy demand. Ensures
implementation of modern technology and verifies the effectiveness
of equipment and systems. Establishes standards and works with shop
personnel to resolve problems related to process, tooling,
- Adheres to established standards, policies and practices
relating to quality, cost reduction, safety, ergonomics, and
- Provides training, development, and motivation for a staff
capable of completing objectives and implementing cost reduction
projects ensuring concurrent product and process design and meeting
requirements of the manufacturing/assembly process.
- Actively involved in decisions requiring experienced judgment
and communicates regularly with managers of other divisions and
departments as well as suppliers in resolving disagreements and
- Provides technical input to the development and reviews capital
projects and challenges content of projects for validity and value
before sending on to upper management for approval.
- Develops and maintains budgetary controls for the section,
establishes and reviews objectives, and provides personnel
requirements and future forecasts.
- Maintains awareness of new technology and evaluates its value
to the profit center.
- Assists staff in developing and implementing new systems and
keeps other areas informed of progress.
- B.S. Degree in an Engineering discipline
- 5+ years as an Engineer involved in Automotive plastic molding
automation and implementation of new product lines, maintaining,
and modifying current products, or equivalent education and
experience in related discipline as documented by the hiring
- Previous leadership experience with exceptional communication
and organization skills
- Proficient in Lean manufacturing techniques, cost quotes and
analysis, cost reduction and justification, continuous improvement,
established measurables and labor standards / takt time, process
and operation design / improvement, sales forecasts, capacity
models, documentation creation / maintenance, e.g. PFMEA’s,
Work Instructions, etc.
- Process Control (CPK a plus)
- Six Sigma Black Belt a plus
Keywords: Job Juncture, Mishawaka , Manufacturing Engineering Manager, Engineering , Mishawaka, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!