Automation Controls Engineer
Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: September 25, 2022
The Automation Controls Engineer will be responsible for
automation implementation for injections molding, owning the
trouble shooting of secondary ops and establishing/executing
- Implement automation objective on the molding floor to reduce
costs and increase operational efficiencies.
- Own trouble shooting of secondary ops (pad printing, laser
engraving, sonic welding, etc.).
- Consult at the estimating phase for assembly opportunities &
automation opportunities as directed and then implement the quoted
process in manufacturing upon release.
- Effectively communicate solutions to end-users as appropriate.
Provide a highly visible customer focus.
- Leads development of in-house robotic integration projects for
new or continuous improvement projects.
- Presents and modify concepts for team understanding and
- Works with outside vendors to determine necessary parts and
estimated budgets for projects.
- Maintains and provides appropriate documentation regarding
drawings, bill of materials, budget tracking, safety, and program
- Understands and implements the integration of safety circuits,
machine interfaces (SPI Interface, etc.), and peripheral controls
- Provides a lead role in the development, installation, and
programming of robotic work cells from concept to postproduction
- Works as a liaison with outside integrators and vendors as
needed for special projects or programs.
- Trains and mentors production technicians and maintenance
personnel regarding troubleshooting issues and
- Assists with inspections, projects, or modifications at branch
facilities as needed.
- BS Degree Engineering or similar
- Proficient knowledge in the following key areas: Hardware
Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations),
Hardware Benchmarking (program management, network management),
Design (compliance, security), Network Engineering (planning,
- Knowledge of one specific infrastructure technology and basic
programming languages or database management systems (Java, PERL,
- Requires strong electrical and mechanical skills with the
ability to think logically and analytically.
- Programming of Robots - Capable of high-level robotic
programming for Motoman robots.
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) - Understand and perform
ladder logic programming for Allen-Bradley PLCs.
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Mishawaka , Automation Controls Engineer, Engineering , Mishawaka, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!