Rock Island Arsenal CONTRACTOR Quality Engineer I
Company: AM General
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Introduction to AM General
AM General develops and builds specialized ground vehicle systems
that get the US Armed Services and our allies to and from their
mission safely. Our innovative spirit delivers advanced, rugged,
resilient, and dependable mobility solutions.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish Product Quality Standards aligned with customer
requirements and the Technical Data Package (TDP).
- Establish Quality procedures, processes, and standards.
- Support RIA JMTC with development and validation of their
Production and Quality Plan to achieve requirements defined by
AMG's Statement of Work (SOW).
- Develop, implement, and continuously improve AM General's
Quality Management System for processing, inspection, and delivery
to the US Gov't.
- Perform risk-based product inspection and process audits to
ensure going compliance.
- Escalate deficiencies to RIA and AM General enabling
containment and process improvements.
- Analyze data and conduct problem solving with stakeholders to
continuously improve product quality.
- Manage containment to permanent resolution for supplier and
- Lead and manage Quality System changes supporting new model and
engineering change. KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Manufacturing Technology, or
related technical field. ASQ certification is a plus.
- 3+ years experience in Automotive, Defense or manufacturing
related field preferred.
- Experience with ISO 9001, TS-16949 preferred.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power
Point, Share Point). PHYSICAL EFFORT Manufacturing/Operations
- Sight: must be able to regularly read computer screen, reports,
and various documents with detail and clarity so as to accomplish
work tasks in a safe and efficient manner. This includes regular
use of adequate close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Hearing: must be able to regularly hear well enough to
- Hand-Eye Coordination: must be able to regularly coordinate
one's eyes with one's fingers, wrists, or arms to move, carry, or
manipulate objects or to perform other job-related tasks.
- Manual Dexterity: must be able to regularly make quick,
accurate, skillful, and coordinated movement with hands and arms to
grasp, place, move, or use objects such as phone, computer, and
other office equipment, tools, or controls.
- Agility: must be able to regularly bend, stretch, twist, or
reach out with the body, arms, or legs to perform job tasks. This
includes the ability to move throughout all areas of the facility,
Company's property surrounding facility, or additional work
- Climbing / Kneeling: must be able to occasionally climb, kneel,
bend over, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, with balance.
- Lifting: must be able to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds with
or without assistance. --- Physical Strength: must be able to
occasionally lift, push, pull, or carry objects using hands, arms,
back, abdominal muscles, shoulders, legs, or a combination of these
- Stamina: must be able to occasionally exert oneself physically
over long periods of time. This may include performing repetitive
or strenuous tasks as well as standing and sitting for long
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role
routine uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
photocopiers, filing cabinets and copy, fax and scanning machines.
Employee must be able to perform job functions with appropriate
intermittent relief where applicable under these conditions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: AM General, Mishawaka , Rock Island Arsenal CONTRACTOR Quality Engineer I, Engineering , Mishawaka, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...