Nurse Manager/RN, Pediatrics and NICU
Company: Saint Joseph Health System
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Employment Type:Full timeShift:Day ShiftDescription:Why Saint
Joseph Health System?Saint Joseph Health System is a
not-for-profit, multi-hospital health system located in North
Central Indiana.Our system includes:
- Mishawaka Medical Center: 254-bed acute-care hospital located
- Plymouth Medical Center: 58-bed acute-care hospital located in
- More than 85 providers in the Saint Joseph Physician Network
located across the Saint Joseph and Marshall counties
- Community Health Centers and additional points of access
- St Paul's is a 316 suite campus for independent living,
assisted living, rehabilitation, memory care, long-term nursing
care and numerous senior activities located in South Bend
- Holy Cross is a 168 suite campus for rehabilitation and
wellness and skilled nursing programs located in South Bend
- Trinity Tower with 84 affordable senior apartments located in
downtown South Bend
- VNA Home Care is our home care agency that helps transition
patients from the hospital to home and back to their regular daily
- Saint Joseph PACE provides care and services to seniors with
chronic care needs allowing them to maintain their independence in
their homes for as long as possible (transportation provided)At
Saint Joseph Health System, our values give us strength. That
character guides every decision we make - even when those decisions
are complicated, costly or hard. We honor our mission to care for
every man, woman and child who needs us by investing in technology,
people and capabilities that allow us to set the standard for
quality care.JOB SUMMARYResponsible for the 24-hour operation of
the designated nursing department(s) and is driven to meet and
exceed staff, patient and physician expectations. Responsible for
the staffing and administration of the department. Selects,
develops and maintains teams of competent staff and holds them
accountable for and recognizes their contributions for desired
results. Maintains full responsibility and accountability for all
department staff, care delivery, financial, outcome and operational
- Actively demonstrates the organization's mission and core
values, and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent
with these values.
- Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to
patient health, safety and medical information.
- Ensures compliance with and demonstrates knowledge of the
patient safety plan and hospital policies and procedures. Ensures
an environment and culture that continuously seeks to minimize
hazards and harm that may result from the processes of care and
provision of service. Promotes a safe environment at all
- Demonstrates understanding of the background of and
implications for the business of the various regulatory/legal/
- Builds mission and strategic initiatives into business
activities Insists on high levels of customer service for employees
by insuring appropriate training for them to succeed.
- Constantly monitors customer service levels and patient
- Acts quickly to address patient/customer concerns thereby
insuring that customer service scores meet organizational goals in
all areas. Identifies and implements ways to structure services to
meet/exceed customer expectations that deliver more than the
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to implement and
supervise care appropriate to the age of the patient.
- Delegates, supervises, and evaluates care given by all care
- Provides oversight to the coordination of operations and
delivery of patient care in designated areas.
- Builds trust and collaboration with physicians. Establishes
rapport with physicians. Has plan for insuring physician
satisfaction, has communicated that plan to all employees and can
demonstrate physician satisfaction within service and/or clinical
care. Staffing patterns are clinically and fiscally appropriate for
proper utilization of personnel in relation to patient care
- Meets established productivity goals. Develops and obtains
approval of budget and maintains budgets with minimal
- Provides, coordinates and ensures mandatory skills validation,
staff meetings, and continuing education as designated by
- Ensures competent people are hired, oriented, developed, and
- Acts in accordance with standards for moral judgment that are
consistent with the organization's mission statement and core
- Creates an atmosphere that respects the rights and dignity of
all people, thereby creating an environment comfortable for all
regardless of race, gender, religion and culture.
- Acts in accordance with the Organizational Integrity Program,
Standards of Conduct, and related reporting and training
- Seeks to understand the individual and avoids
- Directly confronts racist, sexist or other inappropriate
- Deals fairly and consistently with employees.
- Follows organization's policies for personnel actions.
- Continuously develops others by talking openly and directly
about their performance, providing necessary feedback, guidance and
direction, and developmental opportunities.
- Selects, develops and mentors team members.
- Completes employee performance appraisals accurately by
established deadlines, following organization's evaluation system.
Has individualized developmental plan for each direct report.
- Promotes consideration of the mission and core values to
clarify choices, make decisions, shape action and proactively seek
out opportunities. Organizational mission and values are integrated
with one's own and used as a basis for decision-making and action.
Personal integrity is reflected in the genuineness and degree to
which one acts in accordance with beliefs and values and reconciles
choices among conflicting values. Consistently emphasizes
integrity, concern for people and adherence to the organization's
mission, values and Catholic identity.
- Serves as an "expert" and "resource" to staff in problem
solving, while promoting staff to think independently.
- Promotes team spirit in all aspects of work. Collaborates
intra- and inter-departmentally for problem solving.
- Recognizes and rewards positive behavior. Rounds with staff on
a consistent basis.
- Takes responsibility for results in the work groups for which
he/she is responsible and holds self and others responsible for
achieving established performance expectations.
- Actively enhances, promotes, and sponsors the change process
and sustains it over time, taking steps to remove barriers or
accelerate its pace.
- Responds to needs for new programs and/or services. Serves as a
personal model of the change that is expected of others.
- Makes timely decisions, renders judgments, takes actions or
makes commitments after considering the available courses of action
and the needs and values of others. Consciously models decisiveness
and encourages it in others.
- Constantly looks for opportunities to improve quality of care,
service, and financial performance.
- Sets priorities, balances needs, and takes action. Finds more
efficient, higher quality and less expensive ways to do
- Performs work measurement in order to quantify and analyze
department output. Benchmarks results.
- Participates in performance improvement and implements
performance improvement principles within the department.
- Makes use of on-line technology. Focuses on clinical
improvement to increase positive clinical outcomes.
- Duties & responsibilities include accuracy of documenting
services and supplies provided to patients, including those that
may produce patient charges. If designated as a "Revenue Lead",
additional responsibilities will include revenue reconciliation and
charge-error correction as specified by departmental process and
- Manages subordinates in respective department(s). Is
responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation
of these department(s).
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems. Performs other duties consistent
with purpose of job as directed.JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND CORE
COMPETENCIESEducation: Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
Knowledge of healthcare and nursing management practices that are
normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's of Nursing
degree. Master's Degree preferred.Licensure: RN Indiana
license.Experience: Three or more years experience in related
clinical area. Demonstrated leadership and management abilities.
The following leadership qualities are desired: Accountability,
change management, coaching, drive for improvement,
integrity/valuing diversity, integration of mission and core
values, patient focus, physician relations, and teamwork;Other Job
Requirements: Provides direct patient care support as appropriate
and other duties as assigned.Assigned hours within your shift,
starting time, or days of work are subject to change based on
departmental and/or organizational needs.Our Commitment to
Diversity and InclusionTrinity Health is a family of 115,000
colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25
states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are
trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions,
language preferences, and health practices of the communities that
we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health
outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of
thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often
lead to innovative solutions.Our dedication to diversity includes a
unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment,
retention, and development), commitment and accountability,
communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Saint Joseph Health System, Mishawaka , Nurse Manager/RN, Pediatrics and NICU, Executive , Mishawaka, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!