Company: The Sterling Group
Posted on: September 16, 2023
USLet us invest in you. The Sterling Group, Inc. is a family-owned
vertically integrated real estate investment firm started in 1976,
specializing in multifamily housing and self-storage facilities.
Our company includes development, construction, property management
and investment management. Our CEO, Larry Swank, and President,
Lance Swank, are involved daily and work closely with over 350
colleagues in multiple states throughout the Midwest and
YOU Are you built for this opportunity? We are looking for
calculated risk takers who want to be part of this kind of
environment. We need people who can quickly change direction and
make wise decisions, but are not afraid to jump in. We want people
who bring experience and want an experience.
Our Accounting Manager is primarily responsible for the
- Assure the timely preparation for the fiscal year end
activities of the properties and corporate entities. (year end
cycle, external auditor preparation, return to owner
computations/payments and review and year end reporting/tax returns
to external agencies in accordance with prescribed deadlines).
- Assist the Controller in the preparation of the property
entities budget information.
- Supervise, audit and select for payment, property payables and
the payable team.
- Prepare monthly portfolio ledgers and supporting schedules
- Audit and approve monthly property financials.
- Review and coordinate the back up and cross-training functions
within the Accounting Department.
- Establish and maintain accounting procedures and internal
controls and maintain an environment of continuous
- Assist the Controller in the preparation of periodic executive
team and board of director's presentations. Assist the Controller
with special reporting requirements which arise throughout the
- Manage, train and lead the department with an emphasis on
teamwork and cohesiveness
- Create and update departmental processes to ensure quality,
efficiency and consistency Requirements: Our Accounting Manager
must have the following qualifications:
- BA or BS in Accounting or Finance required
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Accounting and/or Financial
- Possess attention to detail and timeliness
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and work in a
- Ability to foster collaborative and cooperative
WE Together, we can help develop a great career for you. Sterling's
benefit package includes health, vision, dental, EAP, 401k, group
life insurance and a variety of supplemental insurance options, in
addition to vacation and holiday pay. We are also committed to
rewarding our colleagues through a variety of recognition programs
and career-developing opportunities. Plus, you can receive advanced
training in your chosen profession.
DO Consider managing your career by managing our communities. We
reward talent and outstanding effort through competitive salaries
and benefits, career building training programs and more. You will
be constantly involved, receiving feedback, being coached and
mentored and given credit where credit is due. Experience how
working in an environment where your opinion counts can take you to
a whole new level of your career.
Keywords: The Sterling Group, Mishawaka , Accounting Manager, Executive , Mishawaka, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!