Chief Medical Officer Opportunity
Company: National Medical Association
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Saint Joseph Health System (SJHS) has an excellent full-time
opportunity for a Chief Medical Officer (CMO) to provide leadership
to the medical staff and hospital leadership located in Mishawaka,
Indiana. The CMO leads the improvement of medical quality at the
hospital and assists SJHS in the accomplishment of its mission to
provide safe, effective, and quality patient care. Reporting to the
System President, the CMO is responsible for the day-to-day
management of medical staff issues as well as the day-to-day
management of patient care. The CMO interfaces with the physicians,
nursing staff, case management staff and other personnel to assure
effective care delivery. Job duties include the following:
- Actively demonstrates the organizations mission and core values
and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these
- Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to
patient health, safety, and medical information.
- Assist in the review of medical practice to promote high
quality medical care and compliance with all regulatory
- Works within medical staff structure and hospital Quality
leadership to set medical/hospital clinical quality goals and
metrics and methods of best practices.
- Active involvement in medical staff meetings such as
credentialing, quality, medical executive committee, professional
services performance and physician well-being.
- Participate in hospital committees related to quality, patient
safety, performance improvement, utilization management, medical
ethics, infection control, library services and medical
- Work with hospital admin on length of stay improvements,
utilization management decisions, patient satisfaction and process
improvement. Assist with denial management, sentinel event and root
cause analysis related to hospital care.
- Determine hospital medical staff physician performance
standards and scorecard metrics. Continuously review and improve
the OPPE and FPPE process and participation.
- Participate in creation of evidence based medical staff
guidelines for common hospital disease states and processes. Review
need for guideline updates on at least an annual basis.
- Act as liaison between hospital medical staff and
administration on clinical effectiveness and medical
- Support access utilization and quality/cost data for clinical
decision support system.
- Mentor and support Director of Continuing Medical Education and
assist in developing hospital curriculum based on needs identified
through quality, safety and utilization review.
- Provide annual report to Medical Staff.
- Direct functions of medical staff office.
- Review and manage occurrence reports (Midas Reports) on all
physician quality/risk concerns.
- Support Patient Relations Coordinator; deal with physician
related complaints on an individual basis.
- Support Sound Hospitalist program manager; round weekly with
Sound medical director and every other week with hospitalist
- Attend and participate in multiple medical staff department
- Work with medical staff leadership and CMO to evaluate
structure of Mishawaka Medical Executive Committee to better
reflect physician representation and oversight.
- Performs other duties consistent with purpose of job as
directed. Requirements for this opportunity include the following:
- MD/DO medical degree
- State of Indiana license
- Graduate of Accredited Residency Program; Board Certified in
- MBA, MMM, or Certified Physician Executive training
- Experience: 10 years of clinical excellence in demonstrating
the behaviors and leadership in medical staff committees.
- Extensive ability in analytics dealing with complex systems in
a matrix organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with solid team
relations with ability to influence and persuade others to follow a
- Champion of ethics and quality and patient safety with
demonstrated results identified.
- Extensive knowledge of quality and cost metrics and regulations
and information systems.
- Ability to develop solid credibility by physician peers and
develop trust with administration and medical staff.
- Understanding of Evidence Based Medicine Principles.
- Ability to successfully lead creation of Evidence Based
Guidelines. This is an exciting opportunity for the right physician
to provide leadership at Saint Joseph Health System. RECRUITMENT
PACKAGE Saint Joseph Health System is offering an excellent
compensation and benefits package for the right physician.
Keywords: National Medical Association, Mishawaka , Chief Medical Officer Opportunity, Healthcare , Mishawaka, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!