Registered Nurse - All Shifts! (Evergreen)
Company: Saint Joseph Health System
Posted on: June 18, 2022
GENEROUS SIGN-ON BONUS IS BEING OFFERED FOR A LIMITED TIME.We
are currently seeking Registered Nurses on all shifts (Full-Time,
Part-Time, Weekends,PRN). Positions available in Mishawaka and
Plymouth, Indiana. New Grads are welcome!!Mishawaka Medical Center:
Med-Surg (Oncology, Ortho, Renal, Surgical)Plymouth Medical Center:
Med-Surg, ICU, ERWhy Saint Joseph Health System?Saint Joseph Health
System is a not-for-profit, multi-hospital health system located in
North Central Indiana.Our system includes:
- Mishawaka Medical Center: 254-bed acute-care hospital located
- Plymouth Medical Center: 58-bed acute-care hospital located in
- More than 85 providers in the Saint Joseph Physician Network
located across the Saint Joseph and Marshall counties
- Community Health Centers and additional points of access
- St Paul's is a 316 suite campus for independent living,
assisted living, rehabilitation, memory care, long-term nursing
care and numerous senior activities located in South Bend
- Holy Cross is a 168 suite campus for rehabilitation and
wellness and skilled nursing programs located in South Bend
- Trinity Tower with 84 affordable senior apartments located in
downtown South Bend
- VNA Home Care is our home care agency that helps transition
patients from the hospital to home and back to their regular daily
- Saint Joseph PACE provides care and services to seniors with
chronic care needs allowing them to maintain their independence in
their homes for as long as possible (transportation provided)At
Saint Joseph Health System, our values give us strength. That
character guides every decision we make - even when those decisions
are complicated, costly or hard. We honor our mission to care for
every man, woman and child who needs us by investing in technology,
people and capabilities that allow us to set the standard for
quality care.About the Job:Our Registered Nurses (RNs) are
responsible for implementing, directing, communicating, and
documenting the nursing process in accordance with current
established standards of care and the Indiana Nurse Practice Act.
Our RNs are patient advocates who provide a safe environment for
patients, visitors, and colleagues.What You Will Do:
- Actively demonstrates the organization's mission and core
values, and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent
with these values.
- Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to
patient health, safety and medical information. Adheres to all
state, federal, and local laws and standards as they relate to the
ethical and legal compliance plans and policies.
- Performs patient assessments by collecting and interpreting
- Develops a plan of care, which addresses patient problems.
- Communicates with patients, families and/or significant others,
and the multidisciplinary team in the coordination and
implementation of patient care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to implement care
appropriate to the age of the patient.
- Delegates, supervises, and evaluates care given by other
nursing team members.
- Documents nursing assessments, interventions, and evaluations
of patient's response.
- Identifies potential emergency situations and initiates
- Provides patient and family teaching.
- Continuously evaluates and modifies the plan of care and
teaching plans based on the patient's response.
- Provides a safe environment by adhering to hospital policies
and procedures for isolation techniques, use of restraints, falls
prevention, blood transfusions, and safe medication
- Attends mandatory skills validation, staff meetings, and
continuing education as designated by individual department
- Assists with orientation of new employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as workload or
staffing variations require.What We Are Looking For:Education:
Graduate of an accredited RN program. Effective March 1, 2015, all
newly employed RNs will be required to have a BSN or be prepared to
complete their BSN within 3 years of hire.
Licensure: RN Indiana License. CPR certification on hire or able to
attain within 60 days.
Experience: None.Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of
hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we
serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize
the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified
workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention
and development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Saint Joseph Health System, Mishawaka , Registered Nurse - All Shifts! (Evergreen), Healthcare , Mishawaka, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!