School Health LPN - St Joseph County - Full Time Days
Company: Saint-- -Joseph Health System
Posted on: August 5, 2022
*Employment Type:* Full time *Shift:* *Description:* JOB SUMMARY
Facilitates and strengthens the educational process by improving
and protecting the health status of children and by identifying and
assisting in the removal or modification of health-related barriers
to the learning process for the individual child. Works under the
direction of a Registered Nurse. Coordinates and implements
appropriate nursing interventions and patient care support.
1. Actively demonstrates the organization's mission and core values
and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these
2. Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to
patient health, safety, and medical information.
3. Promotes and protects the optimal health status of children by
providing health assessments and develops and implements health
plans with supervision of the RN.
4. Maintains, evaluates, and interprets cumulative health data to
accommodate health needs of the students.
5. Accurately assesses patient symptoms, reactions, and physical
condition and records data in the medical record. Documents vital
signs and any other measures indicated by the condition or
diagnosis of the student.
6. Participates as one of the health team specialists on the child
education evaluation team to develop the Individual Education Plan
7. Implements procedures and provides for crisis intervention for
acute illness, injury and emotional disturbances.
8. Performs selective nursing procedures as approved by policy and
maintains appropriate knowledge and skill level. Examples:
medication preparation and administration, dressing applications
and first aid.
9. Promotes and assists in the control of communicable diseases
through preventative immunization programs, early detection,
surveillance and reporting contagious diseases.
10. Assists with health education of the students and staff at
designated schools. Provides leadership and/or support for wellness
11. Initiate health records on all new students. Maintains and
files health office records in a confidential manner.
12. Participates in professional development and enhancement
activities, i.e. organizational sponsored CEU's and informal
13. Assists in communicable diseases prevention by appraising
immunization needs of students. 14. Demonstrates the ability to
perform responsibly in emergency situations based on the assessed
needs of the student.
15. Coordinate school and community health activities and serves as
a liaison between SJHS, school and community. Serves as a resource
person for promoting health careers.
16. Assists in formation of health policies, goals and objectives
for the school.
17. Assures all documentation in the student medical record is
complete, accurate and timely.
18. Prepares reports and other documents as required or assigned.
Attends staff meetings.
19. Communicates with students, parents and staff in a
professional, courteous, friendly and non-intimidating manner.
20. Maintains technological competencies, organization and neatness
in the work area. Completes all mandatory in-services in required
timeframe. Regularly assists co-workers as needed. Utilizes
resources in a manner, which reflects an understanding of proper
21. Performs other duties consistent with purpose of job as
*JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES*
*Education: *Graduate of accredited school of practical
*Licensure: *Licensed in the State of Indiana. CPR
*Experience: *One or more years experience as LPN in a hospital or
ambulatory care setting is preferred.
*Other Job Requirements: *
Must be tactful in handling student problems often of a highly
personal and confidential nature.
Must be able to maintain self-composure during frustrating
Sustained mental attention required.
Moderate to high levels of stress should be anticipated on a daily
Must be able to respond and react to emergency and changing
situations calmly, professionally, and in an expedient manner.
Must be able to work without constant direct supervision.
Able to adjust communication skills to the level of the
Computer skills preferred.
May need to occasionally travel to other school buildings to assist
Assigned hours within your shift, starting time, or days of work
are subject to change based on departmental and/or organizational
*Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion* Trinity Health is a
family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and
clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations,
our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs,
values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of
the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to
produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us
has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that
these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through
training and education, recruitment, retention, and development),
commitment and accountability, communication, community
partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Saint-- -Joseph Health System, Mishawaka , School Health LPN - St Joseph County - Full Time Days, Healthcare , Mishawaka, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!