Registered Nurse, Critical Progressive Care Unit (PCU)
Company: Saint-- -Joseph Health System
Posted on: August 5, 2022
*Employment Type:* Full time *Shift:* 12 Hour Night Shift
*Description:* *Why Saint Joseph Health System*
Saint Joseph Health System is a not-for-profit, multi-hospital
health system located in North Central Indiana.
*Our system includes:* * Mishawaka Medical Center: 254-bed
acute-care hospital located in Mishawaka
* Plymouth Medical Center: 58-bed acute-care hospital located in
* More than 85 providers in the Saint Joseph Physician Network
located across the Saint Joseph and Marshall counties
* Community Health Centers and additional points of access
* St Paul's is a 316 suite campus for independent living, assisted
living, rehabilitation, memory care, long-term nursing care and
numerous senior activities located in South Bend
* Holy Cross is a 168 suite campus for rehabilitation and wellness
and skilled nursing programs located in South Bend
* Trinity Tower with 84 affordable senior apartments located in
downtown South Bend
* VNA Home Care is our home care agency that helps transition
patients from the hospital to home and back to their regular daily
* Saint Joseph PACE provides care and services to seniors with
chronic care needs allowing them to maintain their independence in
their homes for as long as possible (transportation provided)
At *Saint Joseph Health System*, our values give us strength. That
character guides every decision we make - even when those decisions
are complicated, costly or hard. We honor our mission to care for
every man, woman and child who needs us by investing in technology,
people and capabilities that allow us to set the standard for
*About the Job:*
Our Registered Nurses (RNs) are responsible for implementing,
directing, communicating, and documenting the nursing process in
accordance with current established standards of care and the
Indiana Nurse Practice Act. Our RNs are patient advocates who
provide a safe environment for patients, visitors, and
*What You Will Do: * * Actively demonstrates the organization's
mission and core values, and conducts oneself at all times in a
manner consistent with these values.
* Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to
patient health, safety and medical information. Adheres to all
state, federal, and local laws and standards as they relate to the
ethical and legal compliance plans and policies.
* Performs patient assessments by collecting and interpreting
* Develops a plan of care, which addresses patient problems.
* Communicates with patients, families and/or significant others,
and the multidisciplinary team in the coordination and
implementation of patient care.
* Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to implement care
appropriate to the age of the patient.
* Delegates, supervises, and evaluates care given by other nursing
* Documents nursing assessments, interventions, and evaluations of
* Identifies potential emergency situations and initiates
* Provides patient and family teaching.
* Continuously evaluates and modifies the plan of care and teaching
plans based on the patient's response.
* Provides a safe environment by adhering to hospital policies and
procedures for isolation techniques, use of restraints, falls
prevention, blood transfusions, and safe medication
* Attends mandatory skills validation, staff meetings, and
continuing education as designated by individual department
* Assists with orientation of new employees.
* Performs other related duties as assigned or as workload or
staffing variations require.
*What We Are Looking For:*
*Education:* Graduate of an accredited RN program. Effective March
1, 2015, all newly employed RNs will be required to have a BSN or
be prepared to complete their BSN within 3 years of hire.
*Licensure:* RN Indiana License. CPR certification on hire or able
to attain within 60 days.
*Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion* Trinity Health is a
family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and
clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations,
our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs,
values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of
the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to
produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us
has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that
these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through
training and education, recruitment, retention, and development),
commitment and accountability, communication, community
partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Saint-- -Joseph Health System, Mishawaka , Registered Nurse, Critical Progressive Care Unit (PCU), Healthcare , Mishawaka, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!