Licensed Practical Nurse - Renal Day Shift
Company: Saint Joseph Health System
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Employment Type: Full time Shift: 12 Hour Day Shift Description:
Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, the Licensed Practical
Nurse is responsible for implementing, directing, communicating,
and documenting the nursing process. The Licensed Practical Nurse
is a patient advocate who provides a safe environment for patients,
visitors, and associates. The Licensed Practical Nurse practices in
accordance with current established standards of care and the
Indiana Nurse Practice Act. JOB DUTIES
1. Actively demonstrates the organization's mission and core
values, and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent
with these values.
2. Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to
patient health, safety and medical information.
3. Contributes to patient assessments collecting subjective and
4. Collaborates with the RN to implement the patient plan of
5. Communicates with patients, families and/or significant others,
and the multidisciplinary team in the coordination and
implementation of patient care.
6. Supervises and evaluates care given by non-licensed team
7. Documents nursing assessments, interventions, and evaluations of
8. Identifies potential emergency situations and initiates
9. Provides teaching materials to patients and family under the
direction of the RN.
10. Participates in the development and modification of the plan of
care based on the patient's response.
11. Provides a safe environment by adhering to hospital policies
and procedures for isolation techniques, use of restraints, falls
prevention, blood transfusions, and safe medication
12. Attends mandatory skills validation, staff meetings, and
continuing education as designated by individual department
13. Assists with orientation of new employees.
14. Adheres to all state, federal, and local laws and standards as
they relate to the ethical and legal compliance plans and
15. Performs other related duties as assigned or as workload or
staffing variations require. JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND CORE
Education: Graduate of an accredited LPN program.
Licensure: LPN Indiana license. BLS certification on hire or able
to attain within 60 days.
Experience: No experience required other than educational program.
Other Job Requirements:
Knowledge and skills necessary to follow a plan of care appropriate
to the age of the patient.
Assigned hours within your shift, starting time, or days of work
are subject to change based on departmental and/or organizational
needs. Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000
physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve
diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the
cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
solutions. Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce
(through training and education, recruitment, retention, and
development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Saint Joseph Health System, Mishawaka , Licensed Practical Nurse - Renal Day Shift, Healthcare , Mishawaka, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!