Clinical Supervisor, RN - Family Medicine Center
Company: Saint Joseph Health System
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Employment Type: Full time Shift: Day Shift Description: JOB
Reports to the Director of the respective site within SJ Medical
Group. In collaboration with the Practice Manager, is responsible
for the effective coordination of all daily clinical operational
support functions of the assigned facility and performs duties
necessary to maintain a smooth functioning and efficient physician
office. Will respond to daily clinical and operational issues when
the Practice Manager is absent or unavailable. 1. Actively
demonstrates the organization's mission and core values and
conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these
values. 2. Assists in the overall operational staffing support
functions of the assigned facility by:
- Maintaining overall responsibility for scheduling of the staff
in order to provide adequate coverage for the clinical, imaging,
laboratory and surgical areas.
- Supervising the clinical care area, lab area and radiology
department; also coordinating patient care and supervising and
instructing all staff.
- Participating in the compilation of information for employee
performance appraisals; also assisting with employee relations
matters, such as corrective actions and disciplinary actions.
- In collaboration with the Practice Manager, interviewing
prospective new employees; also providing a comprehensive
orientation for new employees.
- In collaboration with the Practice Manager, developing training
and education for the staff; also utilizing other sources.
- Maintaining smooth daily clinical operations in the nursing
care unit, lab area imaging and surgery department; also
maintaining excellent public relations.
- Conducting regular clinical unit meetings to keep employees
informed of directives, policies and procedures.
- Hiring/selection and (if necessary) termination of employees,
in collaboration with the Practice Manager and under the
supervision of the Director.
- Also evaluating the performance of the staff (being directly
supervised) and recommending, preparing and administering
disciplinary actions as needed. 3. Knows and adheres to all laws
and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety and medical
information. 4. Assists with maintaining a smooth-functioning and
efficient physician office by:
- Assisting with the development of fee schedules.
- Participating in the budget process with the Practice Manager;
also assisting with the effective - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - -management/control of expenses.
- Assisting with decisions on selecting vendors and purchasing
- Reviewing charge posting and coding for accuracy.
- Ensuring that the practice is accurately capturing all
necessary patient data and other information to properly bill and
collect practice fees.
- Supervising the daily deposits in order to ensure accuracy and
- Working closely with the Practice Manager on the accounts
- Handling all mail and correspondence.
- Assisting with the identification of maintenance and repair
matters (i.e., pertaining to the building and grounds).
- Assisting in monitoring the telephone system.
- Ordering, tracking and maintaining an inventory of supplies. 5.
Providing the seamless operation of the physician office in order
to promote ongoing effective customer service by:
- Collaborating with the Director/Practice Manager on marketing
and advertisements for the site.
- Responding immediately to patient concerns and/or complaints;
also ensuring that patients are treated in a friendly and
- Performing follow-up and ensuring the timely resolution of
customer service matters, while seeking - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - -assistance from the Director/Practice Manager as
- Keeping the Director/Practice Manager apprised of all issues
which have the potential for disruption of service.
- Working collaboratively with the Director/Practice Manager to
address Physician issues.
- Serving as the communication resource, especially in the
absence of the Director/Practice Manager (conveying information
which comes from PNO's main office and general operations-related
information, etc.). 6. Plays a key role in the development and
maintenance of the physician office's information systems by:
- Making changes in the Physician appointment scheduling template
- Assisting in the development of plans for hardware and software
- Facilitating the timely implementation of information system
changes. 7. Performs other functions to maintain personal
competence and contribute to the overall effectiveness of the
- Working with the Practice Manager, and apprising the Director,
in a timely manner, of unusual situations requiring additional
assistance or support.
- Participating in continuous quality improvement by identifying
areas of opportunity and initiating the necessary actions.
- Maintaining records, reports and files as required by
established policies and procedures.
- Completing other job-related duties as directed. Our Commitment
to Diversity and Inclusion
- Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly
26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve
diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the
cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
solutions. Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce
(through training and education, recruitment, retention, and
development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Saint Joseph Health System, Mishawaka , Clinical Supervisor, RN - Family Medicine Center, Healthcare , Mishawaka, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!