Certified Nurse Assistant - CNA, FULL TIME Days
Company: Trinity Health Senior Living Communities
Posted on: October 24, 2018
Under the supervision of the enter Manager, the Certified Nursing Assistant is responsible for providing various care services necessary for attending to the personal needs, support, and health status of participants. This position is a Monday thru Friday position in our Center. Saint Joseph PACE provides a competitive compensation and benefit package that complements this opportunity for personal growth and professional advancement. This position will be eligible for our full benefit package, which includes medical, dental, vision, supplemental benefits, PTO package and paid holidays. Saint Joseph PACE, a member of Trinity Health, is seeking a Certified Nurse Assistant for its location in Mishawaka, Indiana. Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) coordinate and provide all needed preventive, primary, acute and long term care services so that older individuals can continue living in the community. PACE is an innovative model that enables individuals who are 55 years old or older and certified by their state to need nursing home care to live as independently as possible. Through PACE, today's fragmented health care financing and delivery system comes together to serve the unique needs of each individual in a way that makes sense to the frail elderly, their informal caregivers, health care providers and policy makers. Many PACE participants get most of their care from staff employed by the PACE organization in the PACE center. PACE centers meet State and Federal safety requirements and include adult day programs, medical clinics, activities, and occupational and physical therapy facilities. General responsibilities will include:
- Participate as a member of the interdisciplinary team in ongoing participant assessment and monitoring. Report on personal care services provided and the self-care abilities of participant, including changes noted in participant's condition.
- As part of the health care team, provide personal care assistance that will maintain the independence of the participant to conduct activities of daily living, including toileting, showers, eating, and grooming. Assist in the maintenance of physical activity, exercise, and walking.
- Provide behavioral supervision or support for participants, such as reality orientation, reminder to follow through with nursing and medication instruction, diet restrictions, and emotional reassurance.
- Assist in identifying signs and symptoms indicating physical, emotional, or behavioral change in participants and reporting these signs to the center staff and/or supervisor, including but not limited to, any changes in skin integrity, bowel and bladder status, food/fluid intake, or changes in ambulation.Candidates will have:
- Minimum of one (1) year of documented experience working with a frail or elderly population.
- Experience in a long-term care facility or with a community-based geriatric program preferred
- Must be an active certified nurse assistant in the state of Indiana.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent
- Candidates should also possess the ability to work as part of a team, coach and train staff, as well as strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills in order to interact in extremely delicate, sensitive and/or complex situations.
- Candidates should have excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate with multiple levels in the organization.
- Candidates should also possess the ability to work as part of a team.To apply for this position please visit the career website page at http://www.trinityhealthpace.org
Keywords: Trinity Health Senior Living Communities, Mishawaka , Certified Nurse Assistant - CNA, FULL TIME Days, Healthcare , Mishawaka, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!