Home Care Certified Nurse Assistant, CNA, Full Time
Company: Trinity Health Senior Living Communities
Posted on: November 23, 2018
Home Care Certified Nurse AssistantSaint Joseph PACE, a member of Trinity Health, is seeking a Full Time Evenings and Weekends Home Care Certified Nurses Assistant for its location in Mishawaka, Indiana. Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) coordinate and provide all needed preventive, primary, acute and long term care services so that older individuals can continue living in the community. PACE is an innovative model that enables individuals who are 55 years old or older and certified by their state to need nursing home care to live as independently as possible.Many PACE participants get most of their care from staff employed by the PACE organization in the PACE center. PACE centers meet State and Federal safety requirements and include adult day programs, medical clinics, activities, and occupational and physical therapy facilities. Saint Joseph PACE provides a competitive compensation and benefit package that complements this opportunity for personal growth and professional advancement.The certified nursing assistant is responsible for providing various care services necessary for attending to the personal needs, support, and health status of participants. This position reports to the Home Care Coordinator,General responsibilities will include:
- Participate as a member of the interdisciplinary team in ongoing participant assessment and monitoring. Report on personal care services provided and the self-care abilities of participant, including changes noted in participant's condition.
- As part of the health care team, provide personal care assistance that will maintain the independence of the participant to conduct activities of daily living, including toileting, showers, eating, and grooming. Assist in the maintenance of physical activity, exercise, and walking.
- Provide behavioral supervision or support for participants, such as reality orientation, reminder to follow through with nursing and medication instruction, diet restrictions, and emotional reassurance.
- Assist in identifying signs and symptoms indicating physical, emotional, or behavioral change in participants and reporting these signs to the center staff and/or supervisor, including but not limited to, any changes in skin integrity, bowel and bladder status, food/fluid intake, or changes in ambulation.
- Assure that documentation for home care is accurate, current, and that the home care documentation is up to date.
- Provide on-call coverage during center hours of non-operation.Candidates will have:
- Minimum of two (2) years of documented experience working with a frail or elderly population in a home care setting.
- Experience in a long-term care facility or with a community-based geriatric program preferred
- Must be an active certified nurse assistant in the state of Indiana.
- Candidates should also possess the ability to work as part of a team, coach and train staff, as well as strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills in order to interact in extremely delicate, sensitive and/or complex situations.
- Candidates should have excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate with multiple levels in the organization.
- Candidates should also possess the ability to work as part of a team.To apply for this position please visit the career website page at http://www.trinityhealthpace.org
Keywords: Trinity Health Senior Living Communities, Mishawaka , Home Care Certified Nurse Assistant, CNA, Full Time, Healthcare , Mishawaka, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!