Expanded Functions Dental Assistant - The Dental Center
Company: Dental Care Alliance
Posted on: March 7, 2019
OverviewSince 2007, our full-service family dental care practice has been providing high-quality dentistry on the beautiful, serene Riverwalk. We offer a family-friendly atmosphere and treat adults and children from the young age of one. We offer a wide range of dental services all in one local dentist office to provide a single convenient place for the entire family's dental care.
Our office makes dental care a pleasure with our experienced, gentle Mishawaka dentists and a friendly, compassionate staff. Our warm, welcoming staff makes every patient feel comfortable and accommodates every need. We have windows in our treatment rooms, with peaceful views of the park to provide a relaxing setting for patients receiving treatment.
The Dental Center, located in Mishawaka, Indiana 46544 is currently looking for an Expanded Functions Dental Assistant (EFDA). This is a full-time position. Our office is a family dental practice with a heavy emphasis on pediatric patients. The Dental Assistant we hire must have formal Dental Assisting training in the state of Indiana; hold an x-ray license for the state of Indiana (or have a date set to take the exam); and ideally have experience working with children. Recent grads are encouraged to apply. We offer a competitive salary, plus benefits!ResponsibilitiesJob Description:
Supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials; passing instruments and materials; performing procedures in compliance with the dental practice act.
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient.
- Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
- Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist's access; suctioning; passing instruments.
- Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient's mouth.
- Provides diagnostic information by exposing and developing radiographic studies; pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts.
- Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing removable appliances.
- Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining cpr certification, emergency drug and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone directory.
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative instructions.
- Documents dental care services by charting in patient records.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant (EFDA) trained, required
- X-ray certification in the state of Indiana, required
- Experience working with children, a plus
Additional benefits for full-time employees:
- Dental services
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 6 paid holidays off
- 401k to name a few
The Dental Center of Mishawaka is a highly successful affiliated practice of Dental Care Alliance (DCA).
As one of the country's largest and oldest dental support organizations, DCA supports more than 265 affiliated practices in 13 states, encompassing all facets of general dentistry and all recognized dental specialties. As a result, DCA offers dental professionals groundbreaking career and affiliation opportunities.
Established in 1991 by Dr. Steven R. Matzkin, Dental Care Alliance's success is the result of our unwavering commitment to improving the wellbeing of patients, dentists, and dental professionals through innovative and proven practice-support solutions. Through years of combined industry expertise, economies of scale and centralized administration, DCA provides affiliated practices with substantial savings in supplies, increased services and effective marketing.
We improve the practice of dentistry by partnering and supporting our dental professionals, so they can create a lifetime of healthy smiles for their patients.
To be the trusted partner of choice for the industry's best dental professionals.
DCA Values - USMILE
Unleash Career Potential-of our employees and partners
Service Excellence-to our professionals, patients and families
Meaningful Contribution-all can make a difference
Integrity First-in all we do
Leadership-in our field and we assume accountability
Excellence in Action-we are committed to get the job done
Our mission, vision and values are a vital part of our everyday interactions with all employees, and most importantly, with patients and families.
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Dental Care Alliance. Stronger Together.
Keywords: Dental Care Alliance, Mishawaka , Expanded Functions Dental Assistant - The Dental Center, Healthcare , Mishawaka, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!