Medical Assistant-Certified(CMA)/Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) HIRING
Company: Saint Joseph Health System
Posted on: November 9, 2019
The Certified Medical Assistant/Licensed Practical Nurse assists
the ambulatory care physician or other professional healthcare
providers with the administration of direct and indirect patient
care. Performs basic medical assisting procedures necessary to
provide for care, comfort and safety of patients. -- Compensation
Range: Competitive wages in consonance with position/years of
experience -- Locations: Positions are available in Family
Practice, Specialty, and Acute Care settings. -- Employment Type:
Full-Time, Part-Time, and PRN opportunities available.
- Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to
patient health, safety and medical information.
- Accurately assesses patient symptoms, reactions, and physical
condition and records data in the medical record. Documents vital
signs and any other measures indicated by the condition or
diagnosis of the patient per office protocol.
- Evaluates acute patient telephone calls and adds to daily
schedule as appropriate. Provides counseling and/or direction to
patient based on physician/healthcare provider preference or after
consultation with provider.
- Performs office laboratory procedures, which may include
assisting with collection, testing, handling, transporting, and
documenting of specimens.
- Properly sets up exam room and prepares patients for
examinations and procedures. Assists with procedures and
examinations per physician/healthcare provider preference, i.e.
gynecological exams, minor surgeries, electrocautery, biopsies,
sigmoidoscopies, casting, sterile technique procedures, and
- Demonstrates the ability to perform responsibly in emergency
situations based on the assessed needs of the patient.
- Identifies a wide range of patient problems by having
demonstrated age-specific competencies, and communicates patient
needs to appropriate physician/healthcare provider and provide
follow-up when indicated.
- Documents assessments, telephone calls, medication renewals,
etc. in the medical record per established guidelines. Maintains
the medical record by filing/scanning test results, charting lab
results, and other filing as indicated.
- Performs selective clinical procedures as approved by policy
and maintains appropriate knowledge and skill level. Examples:
medication preparation and administration, dressing applications,
suture removals, first aid, vision screening, audiometry,
non-stress test, EKG, irrigations, etc.
- Schedules tests, admissions, etc. for patients with area
hospitals and facilities as ordered by the physician/healthcare
provider. In doing so, maintains a good rapport and cooperative
working relationship with all members of the office, other provider
offices, hospital services, and community agencies.
- Provides a clean, safe environment for patients and associates.
Assists in the care, preparation and maintenance of supplies
adhering to the stewardship principals of the organization.
- Maintains knowledge and skills of front office operations.
Assists as necessary with
- Knowledgeable of third party payor policies and procedures,
documentation requirements, and patient instruction
- Maintains scheduled office visits.
- Maintains technological competencies, organization, and
neatness in the work area. Completes all mandatory in-services in
required timeframe. Regularly assists co-workers as needed.
Utilizes resources in a manner that reflects an understanding of
- All other duties as assigned. Requirements
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent and/or graduate
of: (1) a one-year medical assistant program (2) an accredited
two-year medical assisting program OR an accredited school of
practical nursing with licensure in the State of Indiana. Previous
experience/training in general medical office skills and
procedures. Proficient/knowledgeable in medical terminology.
- Licensure: Certification and/or registration as a medical
assistant or licensed practical nurse must be active at the time of
hire, or in some situations be attained within 90 days of
- CPR certification required.
- Experience: One to three years' experience in a medical or
physician office preferred. Basic business office, clinical skills,
and computer skills preferred
- Must be tactful in handling patient problems often of a highly
personal and confidential nature; Must be able to maintain
self-composure during frustrating interpersonal situations.
- Sustained mental attention required. Moderate to high levels of
stress should be anticipated on a daily basis.
- Must be able to respond and react to emergency and changing
situations calmly, professionally, and in an expedient manner.
- May need to occasionally travel to other SJPN locations within
the three county area
- Assigned hours within shift, starting time, or days of work are
subject to change based on departmental and/or organizational
needs. Saint Joseph and all its affiliates are proud to be equal
opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification
protected under local, state or federal law.
Keywords: Saint Joseph Health System, Mishawaka , Medical Assistant-Certified(CMA)/Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) HIRING, Healthcare , Mishawaka, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!