Technical Document Coordinator (1st Shift)
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.Abbott is a global
healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages
of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the
spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in
diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic
medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160
countries.Nourish the world and your career as part of the
Nutrition team at Abbott.Our Nutrition business develops
science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from
helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong
and active. Millions of people around the world count on our
leading brands - including Similac , PediaSure , Pedialyte , Ensure
, Glucerna and ZonePerfect - to help get the nutrients they need to
live their healthiest life.WHAT WE OFFER At Abbott, you can have a
good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Fast paced work environment where your safety is our
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs, Medical Benefits
start day 1
- Vacation - 3 weeks accrued vacation (1st yr is prorated) +
vacation buy program + 3 personal days + 10 paid holidays
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match of
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
communitiesLearn more about our benefits that add real value to
your life to help you live fully: WHAT YOU LL DOResponsible for
writing and editing technical documents including requirements
documents, specifications, design history files, verification and
validation protocols, etc.
- Reviews Design Control documentation to assess compliance to
processes and procedures and works with teams to address and
- Technical Writing: Write and edit technical documents including
requirements documents, specifications, verification and validation
documents, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) documents,
Design Planning documents, Design Review records. etc. in a manner
which will achieve accuracy and avoid errors.
- Convert relevant product data and information into a form that
meets Quality and submission requirements.
- Utilize electronic Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system to
query, view, edit, and print technical documentation.
- Utilize Product Data Management (PDM) system to assist with
storing, accessing, and editing design data and engineering files
(e.g. bill of materials, drawings, etc).
- Assist engineers and designers in managing technical files
throughout the CO process. Make day-to-day document control and
change control decisions following established procedures and
guidelines without prior review with immediate manager.
- The output provided by the incumbent/candidate is subject to
external audit (e.g. FDA, ISO). The lack of accuracy and timeliness
will impact the Quality system at site and division levels.
- Ability to use a number of engineering and design packages to
create and edit files (e.g. SolidWorks, Altium, Adobe Photoshop, MS
- Perform Administrative duties and project management as
requiredEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU LL BRINGRequired
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in a related area such as
Operations, Technical Services, or Quality in a healthcare
- Writing, editing and managing engineering and technical
documentation utilized in the development of new products and
improvement of existing products.
- Developing spreadsheets or databases for the capture, assembly,
and graphical presentation of metrics is required.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of personal computer software programs
in Windows environment.Preferred
- Bachelor s Degree in English, writing, technical communications
or engineering or an equivalent combination of education and work
- Knowledge of division products and Quality systems, system
linkages and quality measures is desirable.Follow your career
aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that
provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an
Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.Connect
with us at , on Facebook at and on
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Mishawaka , Technical Document Coordinator (1st Shift), IT / Software / Systems , Mishawaka, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!