Quality & Food Safety Specialist
Company: Wellpet, LLC
Posted on: April 6, 2021
About WellPetWellPet is home to the family of premium pet food
and treat brands including Wellness--, Old Mother Hubbard--, Eagle
Pack--, Holistic Select--, Sojos-- and WHIMZEES--. For more than
100 years, WellPet has delivered on the promise of doing whatever
it takes to make the healthiest natural products for the pets that
depends on us. Today, our team of animal lovers, nutritionists and
vets are committed to carrying forth our strong heritage,
continuing to find new ways to bring innovation, nutritional
excellence and product quality to our family of natural brands,
always putting pet health first.Our Mishawaka manufacturing
facility is committed to nutritional innovation, product quality,
and safety. To ensure our product quality, we control the entire
manufacturing process in Mishawaka, from consistent quality checks
on all raw materials coming into the plant to the shipment of our
finished product to customers. Our employees take pride in the
product we produce for the pets who depend on us. We offer our
employees a positive, friendly work environment where you can grow
your skills, competitive pay and excellent benefits - Come join
us!Position Summary: The Quality Control & Food Safety Specialist
ensures the implementation of the Food Safety and Quality Systems
of the Plant, including GMP, HACCP, and Food Defense programs and
also is responsible for formulation and Food Safety and Quality
data capture & management systems within the plant environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists the FS&QA Manager in ensuring the plant complies
with all local, state, federal and international compliance
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of automated
digitized QMS within the plant environment including appropriate
management reporting systems.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, execution,
management, and training of all food safety & quality management
systems audits including but not limited to prerequisite programs
and factory standard.
- Provide leadership, coordination, insight, and individual
contribution in maintaining GFSI (BRC) program and regulatory
compliance inspections within sphere of responsibility.
- Works with FS&QA Manager in the development, implementation
and conducting internal facility audits as scheduled.
- Assist with continuous improvement programs in the plant.
- Maintain the food defense plan
- Support training programs for all plant personnel on food
safety and quality principles as required.
- Ensure timely investigation of customer complaints through
leading incident investigations by root cause analysis, creating
corrective and preventive actions plans, and provide written
reports and summaries back to corporate
- Management of all food safety & quality related incidents
through the CAPA process including Root Cause Analysis.
- Assist the FS&QA Manager in the design, development, and
implementation of prerequisite programs to ensure compliance with
FSMA and GFSI and support the implementation of the food safety
- Assist in the annual review and revision of FS&QMS
documents within the Document Control system.
- Other duties as assigned. Workplace Safety:
- Completes safety system documentation and verifies compliance
to program standards. Reports deviations to Supervisor.
- Participates in mandatory safety trainings and adheres to all
- Required to report all safety issues, near misses, and
injuriesQuality & Food Safety:
- Completes quality & food safety system documentation and
verifies compliance to program standards. Reports deviations to
- Participates in mandatory food safety and quality training
- Preserves the integrity of the BRC system through adherence to
the policies and procedures outlined. Takes actions necessary to
resolve food safety and quality system deficiencies
- Required to report food safety and quality system failures and
take actions necessary to preserve the BRC system.Required
- Bachelor's degree in food science or related degree.
- GMP, HACCP, and Food Defense Training.
- Computer literate in, for example, Microsoft Office products
and other standard packages. Desired Qualifications:
- 3 years minimum experience in quality assurance in the Food
- Experience implementing and/or maintaining GFSI programs
- 5S, SPC, Six Sigma, Lean training a plus.
- Good attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills required; strong written and verbal
skills are necessary. WellPet LLC is proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to
equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Keywords: Wellpet, LLC, Mishawaka , Quality & Food Safety Specialist, Other , Mishawaka, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!