Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with Sign on Bonus
Company: Sprenger Health Care Systems
Posted on: May 3, 2021
About Sprenger Health Care Systems
Since 1959 Sprenger Health Care Systems continues to be family
owned and operated. Sprenger offers the full continuum of aging
services including: Short Term Rehabilitation, Skilled Nursing,
Memory Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Hospice, and Home
Our innovative care, excellent customer service, and
compassionate dedicated employees have made Sprenger Health Care
Systems a leader in providing exceptional health care. Sprenger
Communities have a history of excellent Resident and Family
Satisfaction Surveys, 5 Star Ratings, Deficiency Free Surveys, and
US News and World Report Rankings.
Sprenger Health Care Systems is committed to maintaining a fair
and unbiased work environment and we welcome all qualified
candidates to apply to any of our 15 Communities throughout Ohio
and Indiana. We understand that quality of care starts right here
with our employees. For those team members who rise to the
challenge and exceed the standard of care, the career possibilities
can be endless. Join us today to experience the Sprenger
$5,000 Sign On Bonus for Full time
$30 per hour PRN rate
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate is organized, friendly, energetic and can
effectively multi-task. Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) should be
able to accurately document and maintain confidentiality. LPNs
should be encouraging and friendly, while always respecting
resident rights. This position must be dedicated to complying with
all state, federal, nursing and OSHA regulations as well as all
company policies and procedures. Candidates should be able to
perform resident care and take appropriate action when they notice
any changes in mental status, physical condition, speech, etc. that
might affect the residents health or well-being. Candidates must be
able to work with various departments and personalities. This
position will report to facility Director of Nursing/Nurse
Supervisor and by applying for the position you recognize that
nothing in this job description restricts management's right to
assign or reassign duties or responsibilities to this job at any
time. You may be asked to help in other areas of the building as
needed for the optimal performance of your building/department and
the well-being of our residents.
Qualifications: Licensed nurse
As a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in a Grace Management
Service facility you must be able to perform the following
Essential Job Functions:
- Follow established standards of nursing practices and
implements facility policies and procedures.
- Interpret existing policies and procedures to nursing
assistants, restorative personnel, residents, families and
- Supervise and evaluate all direct resident care and initiates
corrective action as necessary.
- Obtain report from nurse he/she is relieving and records
sufficient information to implement appropriate follow-up action as
- Provide report to nurse coming on duty, including sufficient
information for follow-up action if necessary. Conduct resident
rounds daily, reporting problems to nursing supervisor and to
initiate corrective action. Knowledgeably and competently perform
basic nursing skills.
- Identify resident problems and emergency situations and
initiates an immediate plan of action according to nursing home
policies and procedures.
- Follow, supervise and evaluate the implementation of the
Residents Right Program.
- Follow admission procedures and communicates resident
admissions to other departments, physicians and ancillary service
- Provide clinical supervision of nursing assistants responsible
for providing direct resident care.
- Notify responsible party and documents any changes in resident
- Follow staffing guidelines and makes nursing assignments
according to qualifications of staff and characteristics of the
- Receive medication delivery from pharmacy, checks and documents
- Counsel nursing assistants and recommends disciplinary action,
when necessary, to the D.O.N.
- Participate in the employee evaluation process by providing
information on the clinical performance of nursing assistants to
the D.O.N. or designee.
- Complete report for facility committees as assigned.
- Administer and document comprehensive assessment of each
- Perform and documents comprehensive assessment of each
- Develop an accurate comprehensive care plan based on each
resident's comprehensive assessment.
- Document resident care provided and resident's response or lack
of response to care provided.
- Notify physician, when necessary, of changes in residents'
conditions, weight, medication errors, medication not available,
abnormal lab/x-ray results and any other unusual observations.
- Administer PRN medications and treatments as necessary.
- Document progress notes as assigned.
- Document on unstable, Medicare and newly admitted residents
- Personally obtain continuing education relating to the long
term care field of nursing.
- Supervise response to residents' calls for assistance.
- Supervise and participates in resident rounds at least every
two hours or more often if needed.
- Follow facility discharge/transfer procedure and coordinates
discharge/transfer with other departments, physicians and ancillary
- Answer all call-lights in a timely manner.
- Complete documentation relating to resident's
- Possess clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to
assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Individuals may be required to:
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Reach above shoulder heights, below waist or lift as required
to complete the job responsibilities
- Proper lifting techniques, ability to read computer screens and
the ability to follow written and verbal instructions are
- Must be able to lift 50 to 75 pounds. Raising objects from
lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from
position to position. This requirement occurs to a considerable
degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities
and back muscles.
- Must be able to balance, climb, crouch, grasp, kneel, pull,
push, reach, stand and stoop adequately to perform the essential
functions of the job.
- Must be able to hear, smell, feel and speak adequately to
perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to read and write the English language.
- Must be able to work inside and outside with exposure to
outdoor weather conditions.
Keywords: Sprenger Health Care Systems, Mishawaka , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with Sign on Bonus, Other , Mishawaka, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!