MDS Assistant - RN
Full-time position available
(12 Hour Shift Available)
Bring your heart to work!
Caring people make the difference at American Senior
Compassion, Accountability, Relationships and Excellence are the
core values for American Senior Communities. These words not only
form an acronym for C.A.R.E., they are our guiding principles and
create the framework for all our relationships with customers, team
members and community at large.
We are committed to the safety and health of our team members,
residents and families we serve. As such, ASC is proud to have
implemented a mandatory vaccination policy, requiring COVID-19
vaccination(s) for all employees, including contracted third-party
staff, and new hires effective June 1, 2021. In accordance with our
mission to compassionately serve every resident with quality care
and excellence, we firmly believe that vaccinating all employees is
essential for our customer's safety and health. Should you have any
questions regarding this, please speak with your recruiting contact
The Company understands and respects that a limited number of
candidates may have personal reasons for not receiving the vaccine.
As such, we are asking those candidates who wish to request an
exemption from being required to be vaccinated, submit a request
for their exemption through their Executive Director once
American Senior Communities has proudly delivered patient
centered care since the year 2000, with a long history of excellent
outcomes. Each of our 80+ American Senior Community is part of the
neighborhood in which it exists. Our leaders and staff live in
surrounding areas and know the community well. We value the same
things in life that you do. The foundation of our senior living
communities is based on the knowledge that we'll be part of your
neighborhood for many, many years. We take great pride in our
hospitality and it is ingrained in everything we do. As partners in
senior care, we are not just doing a job, but following a
Our commitment to our team members:
- PayActiv - Hourly employees have immediate access up to 50% of
your earned pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance available - Plans starting as
low as $20 a week
- Employees can access convenient telehealth services
- Tuition assistance and up to $500 for certifications
- Generous Education Reimbursement for New Nursing Graduates
- RecogNation platform - recognizes employees who embody our
Culture of Care by doing the right thing at the right time, the
right way for the right reason.
- Workforce Chaplains: Confidential, non-denomination resource
available for anyone in the ASC family
- Pathogen Reducing Air Purification devices in corridors and
common areas to help combat COVID-19
What will you be doing and how will you make a difference at
American Senior Communities?
- Making a difference in the lives of the patients we serve by
providing them care and compassion.
- Promote individualized support and care of residents by
completing timely, accurate, and complete assessments using RAI
- You will act as a resident advocate by encouraging and
facilitating family and resident participation in interdisciplinary
care plan meetings.
- Follows a cyclical schedule as related to the RAI and care
planning process ensuring adherence to strict federal
- You will have the satisfaction of being part of the
interdisciplinary care plan meetings and conferences with Social
Services, family members, and residents to encourage/facilitate
family and/or resident participation and ensure positive resident
outcomes including the attainment of the highest practicable
physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being.
- Demonstrates C.A.R.E. values to our residents, family members,
customers and staff.
- Must be able to work overtime
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, preferably
- One to three years experience in MDS knowledge and data entry
in long-term care industry.
- Two years professional nursing experience in long-term care,
acute care, restorative care, or geriatric nursing setting.
- Knowledge of the Resident Assessment Instrument,
Interdisciplinary Care planning process, and Minimum Data set
- Knowledge of OBRA regulations and familiarity of current state
- Knowledge of current laws and regulations that influence
provision of care and services in nursing facilities.
We are Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority
/ Female / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories.