Responsible for a clean and safe environment within the facility
by following routine cleaning procedures. Technician - Floors
creates and maintains a clean and safe environment within the
hospital and enhances the appearance of the facility by maintaining
a consistent floor care program
1. Actively demonstrates the organization's mission and core
values and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent
with these values.
2. Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to
patient health, safety and medical information.
3. Maintains hard and soft surface floors using standard
4. Makes visual inspections of the floors throughout the
facility and makes recommendations for work needed
5. Strips floors and applies floor finish according to
established procedures so that floors are free of wax and residue.
Cleans carpet using proper solution
6. Cleans other surfaces as assigned, including walls, windows,
fixtures, and furnishings following departmental policies and
7. Maintains and stores cleaning products and equipment.
Maintains adequate stock of cleaning products and reports
8. Move furniture for repair or cleaning and set up meeting
9. Assist in cleaning of emergency spills/floods that are
observed or requested.
10. Assist with patient room cleaning and discharge cleaning
11. Attends in-service programs and department meetings as
12. Proactively communicates with all staff members in an
accurate & timely manner.
13. Possesses a knowledge of all chemicals used in routine
cleaning and is trained on how to access MSDS information and read
14. Must have a good understanding of the Universal Precautions
and PPE available to the provision of a clean and safe
15. Secures carts, equipment and chemicals to prevent
16. Maintains a high level of customer service by promptly
welcoming everyone in a friendly manner, smiles warmly and
introduces him/herself. Listens carefully to what others have to
say, avoiding interrupting others. Treats others as if he/she is
the most important person in the facility. Practices service
recovery by apologizing for problems and inconveniences, corrects
the problem, takes action once issue is identified and meets the
customer's immediate needs or gladly takes him/her to someone who
17. Maintains appropriate personal appearance. All associates
must be clean, well groomed and appropriately dressed for the
position they hold. Complies with specific dress standards
established by the department.
18. Maintains attendance and punctuality and observes working
hours, starting times, lunch period, break times, quitting time,
19. Must adhere to JCAHO standards (i.e., use of wet floor
signs, electrical check of equipment, do not use door stops, proper
use/mixing of chemicals).
20. Understands and observes all safety rules. Reports all
accidents or incidents. Corrects or reports all safety hazards
seen. Knowledge of Safety Plan.
21. Performs other duties consistent with purpose of job as
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
Education: Ability to read, write and follow multiple-step
processes. High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Prior housekeeping experience is helpful but not
Other Job Requirements: Assigned hours within your shift,
starting time, or days of work are subject to change based on
departmental and/or organizational needs.
Effective communication skills
Ability to clearly and respectfully communicate with patients,
visitors, and all colleagues and be able to verbalize approved
scripting with all the above.
Reading, basic math and writing skills required.
Ability to comprehend and follow both written and verbal
instructions and understand English language.
Knowledge of the correct use of chemicals, dilution of
chemicals, supplies, tools and equipment. When applicable, must
also know proper use and procedures to operate the steam
sterilizer, grinding/shredding system, waste compactor, recycling
compactor and cardboard balers.
Demonstrated willingness to work in a team environment.
Must be physically able to perform strenuous work (including
walking, reaching, pushing, pulling, stooping, grasping, standing,
work above shoulder, turning/pivoting and lifting.)
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of
hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we
serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize
the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified
workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention
and development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity.