At Value City Furniture and American Signature Furniture we are
making furniture shopping easy! We believe that everyone has the
right to a well furnished life. Furniture shopping can be
stressful. Our job is to build trust, understand our customers
needs and assist them in finding the perfect piece for their
Everyone has the opportunity to do great work. As a team we are
focused on our commitment to making furniture shopping easy through
the styles we carry, financing options, promotions we offer and
additional services we provide. Our Company Vision, Values and
Brand are uniquely identified to uplift and drive our culture
The Office Lead achieves assigned individual/team goals and
objectives in a timely and efficient manner. Where assigned,
provides office lead support by reason of its higher level skill
sets and experience. Ensures store policies and procedures are
maintained. As a member of the Customer Sales Team (CST), partners
together to successfully complete customer sales transactions in an
efficient, courteous and professional manner. Sales transactions
cover three primary stagesStage I, Greet, sell and service the
customer; Stage II, Process the sale and; Stage III, Deliver the
sale to the customer. All three stages work together through
interaction and cooperation with one aimsatisfy the Customer.
Teams with the customer, the HFC/Selling Assistant and
management to assist in determining the best terms of payment.
Meets or exceeds customer expectations and needs. Functions as an
integral part of the total customer service experience (CST) from
the transaction of the sale through to the successful delivery to
the customer (Warehouse/Delivery). Partners with the CST team to
ensure that all customer and sale information is complete and
accurate. Carefully and courteously informs the customer as to
payment options in a friendly and professional manner. May also
partner with other CST team members and management to enhance the
sales experience and help ensure customer satisfaction. Follows
customer service and sales procedures and techniques and ensures
that store policies and procedures are maintained accordingly.
* Achieves assigned goals and objectives.
* As assigned or required, leads other office support positions
(Office Support Team) to ensure the customers expectations are met
* Teams with the Home Furnishings Consultant (HFC) and/or
Selling Assistant and ensures that all established procedures are
followed in a manner that is friendly, courteous and
* May attend sales meetings as directed by supervisor.
* Discusses payment options with the customer, including
financing options. Accesses the order through the POS system,
generating a customer invoice.
* Works with the customer to determine the best delivery date
that meets the customers needs.
* Resolves delivery date issues with customer teaming with the
HFC or Selling Assistant or Manager as appropriate.
* In the case where a customer is unsure about their decision to
purchase, teams with the HFC or Selling Assistant along with
management, as appropriate, to find an alternative to meet the
* At times confirm the delivery with the customer and may
partner with the Warehouse team (Delivery Driver/Helper) to confirm
receipt, order, and to discuss any specific delivery
* Partners with the management team depending on the nature of
any issue that may ariseSales (Sales Associate/Sales Manager),
payment (Sales Associate/Sales Manager/Store Manager), delivery
(Delivery Driver/Helper, Warehouse Manager).
* Follows all established office standards, store policies and
applicable store procedures in a timely and accurate manner.
* Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent
* 1-3 years demonstrated office experience in a retail
environment, preferably furniture
* Prior customer service experience in a retail store or call
center setting a must
* Excellent problem solving skills with a desire to take
ownership and resolve customer issues
* Customer service oriented with a desire to exceed customer
* Excellent math skills
* Ability to lead others in similar roles
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills
* Solid written communications skills
* Excellent organization & follow-through skills
* Pleasant, courteous and professional attitude
* Team player