Dietary & Guest Services - Food and Nutrition
Company: Trinity Health Corporation
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Expected Weekly Hours:
The Dietary and Guest Services Associates are responsible for
providing services to ensure that patient, visitor and staff
nutritional requirements are met. Responsible for replenishing
nourishments/floor stock; preparing cold and hot food items,
working tray line/room service line, dish-room, patient tray
delivery, operating cash register, managing money, serving
cafeteria guests, catering service, cleaning and taking
temperatures as required.
Job Description Details:
- Compensation Range: Minimum: $12.00-Maximum $14.66
- Locations: positions are available at the Mishawaka and
Plymouth Medical Campuses.
- Employment Type: Full-Time, Part-Time, and PRN opportunities
- Actively demonstrates the organization's mission and core
values, and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent
with these values.
- Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to
patient health, safety and medical information.
- Prepares hot and cold food according to recipes and time
requirements for patients and cafeteria, consistently following
recipes, including measurement and ingredients. Ensures that food
meets established guidelines for temperature, quality, appearance,
and modification of texture.
- Assists patients with meal, accurately inputting patient meal
orders in accordance to dietary restrictions.
- Tracks/tallies meal production, floor stock, snacks and tube
- Handles money using proper cash procedures. Operates cash
register appropriately including cash and charge transactions.
Stocks cafeteria/cafe paper and food items.
- Responsible for retrieving dirty dish carts from patient
- Responsible for delivering patient trays in a courteous,
accurate and expeditious manner.
- Prepares catered food in a timely manner per recipes and
portion control. Delivers food and sets-up functions according to
requisition. Cleans up after events and tracks event costs and
charges as appropriate.
- Receives the computerized diet order, interprets and translates
the order into a viable menu and nourishment order (where needed)
for the following day.
- Coordinates the referral of patient nutrition information to
Clinical Dietitians for nutritional consultations, patient tube
feeding orders, transfers and discharges, nutrition assistants for
calorie intake consultations and patient menu needs, nourishment
check regarding the up-to-date tube feeding and nourishment orders
and food service production regarding patient menu needs.
- Communicates effectively with nursing staff, patients/family
members as well as department staff in the interpretation and
delivery of the ordered diet.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Education: Ability to read and write and follow multiple-step
processes normally acquired during elementary school. High school
- Experience: Knowledge and experience in food service desired.
On the job training provided.
- Maintains consistently high customer responsiveness in
day-to-day encounters, and use
- Maintains a professional appearance by following dress code
policies and wearing identification badge correctly at all
- Demonstrates knowledge of all SJRMC, Inc. codes and is aware of
MSDS manuals and all department and hospital policies and
- Maintains open communication with all staff and customers in a
prompt and courteous manner.
- Assigned hours within your shift, starting time, or days of
work are subject to change based on departmental and/or
Saint Joseph and all its affiliates are proud to be equal
opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification
protected under local, state or federal law.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of
hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we
serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize
the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified
workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention
and development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Trinity Health Corporation, Mishawaka , Dietary & Guest Services - Food and Nutrition, Other , Mishawaka, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!