Administrative Nursing Supervisor
Company: Trinity Health Corporation
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Interested and qualified candidates - please email your resume
directly to: Emily.Borkowicz@sjrmc.com
Why Saint Joseph Health System?
Saint Joseph Health System is a not-for-profit, multi-hospital
health system located in North Central Indiana.
Our system includes:
- Mishawaka Medical Center: 254-bed acute-care hospital located
- Plymouth Medical Center: 58-bed acute-care hospital located in
- More than 85 providers in the Saint Joseph Physician Network
located across the Saint Joseph and Marshall counties
- Community Health Centers and additional points of access
- St Paul's is a 316 suite campus for independent living,
assisted living, rehabilitation, memory care, long-term nursing
care and numerous senior activities located in South Bend
- Holy Cross is a 168 suite campus for rehabilitation and
wellness and skilled nursing programs located in South Bend
- Trinity Tower with 84 affordable senior apartments located in
downtown South Bend
- VNA Home Care is our home care agency that helps transition
patients from the hospital to home and back to their regular daily
- Saint Joseph PACE provides care and services to seniors with
chronic care needs allowing them to maintain their independence in
their homes for as long as possible (transportation provided)
At Saint Joseph Health System, our values give us strength. That
character guides every decision we make - even when those decisions
are complicated, costly or hard. We honor our mission to care for
every man, woman and child who needs us by investing in technology,
people and capabilities that allow us to set the standard for
About the Job:
Our Administrative Supervisors are responsible for supporting
and assisting the department leaders in the provision of a 24-hour
patient care service operation center with the optimal goal of
meeting or exceeding the patients', physicians' or other pertinent
customer expectations, assumes responsibilities for coordinating
and organizing operations and personnel to provide an efficiently
functioning facility and optimal patient care.
What You Will Do:
- Actively demonstrates the organization's mission and core
values, and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent
with these values.
- Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to
patient health, safety and medical information.
- Demonstrates knowledge of patient safety plan and hospital
policies and procedures. Continuously seeks to minimize hazards and
harm that may result from the processes of care and provision of
service. Promotes a safe environment at all times;
- Functions as resource for all hospital departments,
demonstrating initiative/ingenuity when providing solutions to
complex problems, establishing priorities, or encouraging staff to
problem solve, prioritize, and make own decisions regarding
staffing issues and patient care.
- Communicates with the directors and unit supervisors regarding
pertinent information such as patient care concerns and employee
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to implement and
supervise care appropriate to the age of the patient.
- Delegates, supervises, and evaluates care given on a continuous
- Manages/coordinates day-to-day operations in designated
- Identifies potential emergency situations and initiates
- Interprets and maintains policies and procedures within the
guidelines and philosophy of SJRMC.
- Coaches staff and rounds with staff consistently.
- Attends mandatory skills validation, staff meetings, and
continuing education as designated by department standards.
- Assists with orientation of new employees.
- Ensures adequate and competent staff is on duty to accomplish
needed service. Effectively manages staff and scheduling processes
to assist the department leader in meeting productivity levels and
achieving expected financial targets.
- Serves as an "expert" and "resource" to staff in problem
solving, while promoting staff to think independently. Promotes
team spirit in all aspects of work. Collaborates intra- and
inter-departmentally for problem solving.
- Recognizes and rewards positive behavior. Addresses
inappropriate behavior at the time of occurrence.
- Duties & responsibilities include accuracy of documenting
services and supplies provided to patients, including those that
may produce patient charges. If designated as a "Revenue Lead",
additional responsibilities will include revenue reconciliation and
charge-error correction as specified by departmental process and
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as workload or
staffing variations require.
What We Are Looking For:
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN
Licensure: RN Indiana license.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years hospital clinical nursing
experience, management experience preferred. The following
leadership qualities are desired: Accountability, change
management, coaching, drive for improvement, integrity/valuing
diversity, integration of mission and core values, patient focus,
physician relations, and teamwork.
Other Job Requirements:
- Provides direct support and supervision to all departments as
appropriate; Assists with direct patient care as required;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate at all
- Assigned hours within your shift, starting time, or days of
work are subject to change based on departmental and/or
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of
hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we
serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize
the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified
workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention
and development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Trinity Health Corporation, Mishawaka , Administrative Nursing Supervisor, Other , Mishawaka, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!