Assistant Store Manager
Posted on: September 9, 2021
Today, with our current team members, we have the strength
to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our
stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our
Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
Provides direction related to operations, processes and conditions
of the entire Line Area. Plans, directs and supervises team leaders
and team members in the day to day operation of the Line Area. Is
responsible for the selection, training and development and
performance management of the Team Leaders and Team Members.
Develops strategies to improve customer service, drives store sales
and increases profitability. Ensures customer needs are met,
complaints are resolved effectively and efficiently, and service is
quick and efficient. Ensures that all products and displays are
merchandised effectively to maximize sales and profitability.
Forecasts staffing needs and develops recruiting strategy to
provide optimal staffing in all areas.
What You'll Being Doing:
- Supervises the execution of Corporate plans to
ensure that all services and products are
effectively managed to maximize sales and
- Achievement of budgeted lines in
- Ensures the leadership team is assigning daily work
assignments for the team members.
- Is responsible for following all compliance
procedures within the store.
- Develops, plans and implements Corporate processes
to achieve goals including shrink, margin, profit, sales,
- Reviews sales goals, supply costs, stockloss/shrink and
takes appropriate action.
- Supervises, develops and trains staff ensuring the
team is thoroughly trained in all aspects of their jobs and have
completed all required training.
- Promotes succession planning by providing career paths
and identifying development needs for the Team Leaders.
- Reviews Customer Surveys and customer feedback from
previous week or day.
- Communicates the Meijer Friendly Initiative in all team
meetings and conversations.
- Mentors and coaches the Team Leaders and Team Members to
ensure customer service and sales goals are exceeded to Meijer
- Spends majority of time on sales floor communicating with
customers and team members to ensure exceptional service is being
delivered by organizing and maintaining the Remarkable Service
- Models exceptional, fast and friendly customer
- Promotes a safe work environment.
- Consistent and reliable attendance required.
- Other daily tasks as required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience.
- 6-10 years of related experience in the field.
- Rotational assignments in other areas of the store are
- Demonstrated ability to communicate to team members in the
organization in a way that provides clear and precise
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict by addressing root
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze financial and statistical
information and use that information to make informed
- Demonstrated ability to teach suggestive selling.
- Demonstrated ability to lead an organization that practices
working safely at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor team members in all areas of the
organization including SDITs, team members in hourly positions and
- Successful completion of all required certifications.
- Duty trained to run the store in the absence of Store
Keywords: Meijer;Meijer, Mishawaka , Assistant Store Manager, Other , Mishawaka, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!