Patient Reception Specialist - Mishawaka
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Join Village Medical as a Patient Reception Specialist in
Mishawaka, INClinic Location: 110 East McKinney AveJoin the
frontlines of today's healthcare transformationWhy Village
Medical?Reporting to the Practice Manager, the Patient Reception
Specialist is responsible for ensuring easy, efficient, and
service-oriented check-in and check-out process at the practice.
This individual will be responsible for patient registration,
check-in and check-out as well as answering calls, creating patient
encounters, scheduling appointments. He/she will ensure accurate
data entry in necessary practice systems as well as filing
insurance claims and patient account follow up. He/she will also be
accountable for regular reporting requests that support practice
operations and appropriate patient communication.While this role
will be dynamic in nature, key responsibilities and expectations of
the position include:
- Greets all patients and visitors in a professional and
- Obtains copies of insurance cards, driver's license,
authorizations, referrals, and other required appointment
documentation and appropriately saves them in practice EMR.
- Performs demographic and insurance validation and informs
patient of privacy policies and procedures.
- Adheres to practice and regulatory mandates around maintaining
- Effectively communicates unexpected schedule delays to patients
and assists with patient comfort should delays arise.
- Appropriately prepares for day in accordance with practice
schedules including reviewing Patient Eligibility and Phone report,
preparing new patient paperwork, and scanning into EMR upon patient
- Reviews and complies required Patient Notes and Appointment
Notes along to ensure appropriate documentation.
- Receives practice deliveries and follows designated protocol
for logging and notifying appropriate personnel.
- Collects patient co-payments, reconciliation charges and
outstanding balances upon Check-In as well as submitting batches
- Keeps the reception and patient waiting areas clean and
- Enters charges into EMR and submits appropriate claims for Real
- Schedules patient appointments/follow-up appointments in
accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Facilitates an exceptional patient experience with a high level
of service, communication, and support.
- Supports overall efficient practice operation including service
and support of providers and demonstrating a "can-do" attitude with
respect to solving problems and resolving patient and practice
issues.Background And Educational Requirements
- Previous Medical Office Reception experience required.
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in primary care, family practice, internal medicine,
urgent care or ER preferred
- 3 - 5 years administrative assistant experience in a medical
office, including hands-on knowledge of medical billing.
- Adept in medical terminology and insurance practices.
- Proficient in use of computer programs and applications
including Outlook applications and practice EMR systems.
- Competent in basic arithmetic to make calculations, balance and
reconcile figures, and make changes accurately.
- Knowledgeable of CPT and ICD-10 coding.Behavioral Competencies
- Self-motivated: energetic, self-starter; can work
- Results oriented: bias for action; demonstrated track record of
achievement; drive for attainment of superior outcomes.
- Flexible: ably navigates within ambiguity; solution
- Communication: conveys thoughts and expresses ideas effectively
both verbally and in writing; strong presentation skills.
- Collaboration: orientation to team-based work product and
- Service: Actively supports others, demonstrates an optimistic,
can-do approach to issue resolution.
- Humility: low ego; engenders trust; respectful.Our unique
Village Medical culture - how inclusion and diversity make the
difference.At Village Medical, we see diversity and inclusion as a
source of strength in transforming healthcare.---We believe
building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse
perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an
understanding that people do not experience things in the same way,
including our healthcare system.---Individuals seeking employment
at Village Medical are considered without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.---Those seeking
employment at Village Medical are considered without regard to
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Explore
your future with Village Medical today!
Keywords: VillageMD, Mishawaka , Patient Reception Specialist - Mishawaka, Other , Mishawaka, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!