Dishroom - Lead
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Position Summary:The Dishroom Lead's primary objective is to
provide a clean and safe kitchen area for our employees. They will
wash and clean tableware, pots, pans and cooking equipment. This
position will ensure the Dishroom and equipment are clean and
organized. The general responsibilities of the position include
those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities
of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts,
depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Maintains a customer focus while performing duties.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for the cleanliness of
- Loads, runs and unloads dish machine.
- Keeps the dish machine clean and reports any functional or
mechanical problems to the kitchen manager immediately.
- Monitors dish machine water temperature and chemical levels to
ensure sanitary wash cycle.
- Washes and stores all tableware and kitchenware.
- Keeps Dishroom clean and organized.
- Completes opening and closing checklists.
- Maintains adequate levels of clean tableware for dining room
- Bags and hauls kitchen trash to dumpster.
- Handles tableware carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
- Maintains adequate levels of dish detergents and cleaning
- Cleans food preparation and production areas as required.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist
for kitchen stations.
- May assist others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as
assigned.Qualifications & Requirements:
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- 1 or more years related experience.Skills/Aptitude:
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and
understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers,
vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced kitchen environment.
- Ability to work unsupervised.Physical Requirements:
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.Working
Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside
activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
loud.Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
employer.Benefits Eligibility: Part Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we
believe every employee should have the resources to be their best.
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits like paid time
off, financial and savings programs and access to our employee
assistance program and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit
and may not be available to all employees).
Keywords: Sodexo, Mishawaka , Dishroom - Lead, Other , Mishawaka, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!