Company: Saint Joseph Health System
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Employment Type: Part time Shift: Night Shift Description:
$7,500 sign on Bonus. Part Time CT Tech - Shift: Thursday & Friday;
7:30pm - 6:00am. Performs CT Scanning procedures. Consults with
Radiologist and referring physician on the types of scans performed
on each individual. Responsible for the designated areas or
procedures as required for CT Scanning as well as the general care
and safety of patients while in the department. Why Saint Joseph
Saint Joseph Health System is a not-for-profit, multi-hospital
health system located in North Central Indiana.
Our system includes:
--- 254-bed acute-care hospital at the Mishawaka Medical Center
--- 58-bed acute-care hospital at the Plymouth Medical Center
--- More than 85 providers in the Saint Joseph Physician
What we offer: --- Benefits first day of employment (including:
medical, dental, vision, PTO, life, STD/LTD) --- Competitive
compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental and
--- Retirement savings account with employer match
--- Generous paid time off programs
--- Employee referral incentive program
--- Tuition/professional development reimbursement
--- Nursing Scholarship opportunities At Saint Joseph Health
System, our values give us strength. That character guides every
decision we make - even when those decisions are complicated,
costly, or hard. We honor our mission to care for every man, woman
and child who needs us by investing in technology, people and
capabilities that allow us to set the standard for quality care.
1. Actively demonstrates the organization's mission and core
values, and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent
with these values.
2. Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to
patient health, safety and medical information.
3. Performs all functions and operations of the CT Scanner as well
as the necessary quality control on equipment. Responds to
4. Selects the correct Radiologist scanning exam protocols to
produce exams consistent with diagnosis, symptoms and patient
5. Produces images of high technical quality while keeping
radiation doses as low as possible and causing little or no
discomfort to the patient. Handles quality assurance of all images
for correct imaging windows.
6. Assists Radiologists with invasive procedures.
7. Performs CT Angiography of all vessels and exhibits competency
utilizing the workstation for all advanced reconstructions.
8. Supplies and handles medical emergency situations including
reactions to contrast media.
9. Communicates skillfully and tactfully in all situations. Informs
patients concerning delays and in the explanation of the exams in
lay terminology. Completes histories for the Radiologist, and
communicate to referring Physicians concerning the exams.
10. Demonstrates master of IV sites and Creatinines using
11. Maintains stock levels and keeps a clean and orderly work
12. Uses picture archiving and communication system, nightshift
functions, and follows up on all exams to ensure completion in a
timely manner, including reports.
13. Identifies appropriate opportunities for innovation, is
conscientious with detail with tasks and balances the demands of
multiple assignments. Understands priorities and is able to adjust
to the volume of work on each shift.
14. Offers assistance to co-workers and others.
15. Performs other duties consistent with the purpose of the job as
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
- All incumbent employees as of 9/4/2019 must have either an
active R.T. (R) (ARRT) or R.T. (CT) (ARRT) credential.
- Regulatory and Accreditation agencies are anticipated to
require CT registry by policy in the near future.
- When Regulatory or Accreditation agencies specify that CT
credentials are required in their policies, these incumbent
employees must obtain CT registry in advance of the policy going
into effect. Licensure: Current Indiana Radiographer license.
Healthcare BLS certification.
Experience: 1 year of current or recent experience in CT scanning
Other Job Requirements:
- The ability to work well with and handle needs of all patient
- Good people skills, to interact effectively with sick or
irritable patients in order to gain their cooperation.
- Requires independent decision-making skills and excellent cross
sectional anatomy knowledge.
- Maintains appropriate personal appearance, attendance and
observes working hours.
- Complies with work rules and regulations.
- Acts toward all associates in a way that is consistent with the
organizations philosophy and values.
- Maintains high customer sensitivity and responsiveness in
day-to-day encounters. Assigned hours within your shift, starting
time, or days of work are subject to change based on departmental
and/or organizational needs. Our Commitment to Diversity and
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000
physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve
diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the
cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
solutions. Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce
(through training and education, recruitment, retention, and
development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Saint Joseph Health System, Mishawaka , CT Technologist, Other , Mishawaka, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!