Intern Quality Verification
Company: AM General
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Introduction to AM General
AM General develops and builds specialized ground vehicle systems
that get the US Armed Services and our allies to and from their
mission safely.Our innovative spirit delivers advanced, rugged,
resilient, and dependable mobility solutions.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Engineer student going into their Junior or Senior year
studying Mechanical or Electrical engineering.
- Strong problem solving, data analysis, and organizational
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Task-oriented, able to work independently and self-starting
Travel at 25%
- Sight: must be able to regularly read computer screen, reports,
and various documents with detail and clarity so as to accomplish
work tasks in a safe and efficient manner. This includes regular
use of adequate close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Hearing: must be able to regularly hear well enough to
- Hand-Eye Coordination: must be able to regularly coordinate
one's eyes with one's fingers, wrists, or arms to move, carry, or
manipulate objects or to perform other job-related tasks.
- Manual Dexterity: must be able to regularly make quick,
accurate, skillful, and coordinated movement with hands and arms to
grasp, place, move, or use objects such as phone, computer, and
other office equipment, tools, or controls.
- Agility: must be able to regularly bend, stretch, twist, or
reach out with the body, arms, or legs to perform job tasks. This
includes the ability to move throughout all areas of the facility,
Company's property surrounding facility, or additional work
- Climbing / Kneeling: must be able to occasionally climb, kneel,
bend over, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, with balance.
- Lifting: must be able to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds with
or without assistance.
- Physical Strength: must be able to occasionally lift, push,
pull, or carry objects using hands, arms, back, abdominal muscles,
shoulders, legs, or a combination of these muscle groups.
- Stamina: must be able to occasionally exert oneself physically
over long periods of time. This may include performing repetitive
or strenuous tasks as well as standing and sitting for long
periods. WORKING CONDITIONS
- Physical Location: This position operates between an office and
manufacturing plant environment and is often assigned to a specific
shift or hours. Employee must be able to perform job functions in
environment with varying difficult work conditions such as extreme
cold, heat, inclement weather, at heights, and/or while exposed to
constant/intermittent loud noises.
- Teamwork: This position will work with others to ensure
efficiency in the workplace.
- Listening Skills: This position will need to understand how to
use machinery properly and safely to prevent accidents and ensure
all tasks are completed accurately.
- Ability to follow instructions: Managers assign tasks and
responsibilities, which vary depending on the products being
manufactured; this position should be able to follow instructions
- Methodical approach: Production lines follow a set process, so
this position needs a methodical approach to ensure all tasks are
completed in the correct order for a smooth-running production
- Concentration:This position may perform the same or similar
tasks repeatedly, so a strong level of concentration when carrying
out these tasks is important for quality control purposes. This
role is often fast paced, so being able to maintain focus at all
times is important.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: AM General, Mishawaka , Intern Quality Verification, Other , Mishawaka, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...