PT Forklift Operator
Posted on: January 17, 2022
Frito-Lay Warehouse/Material Handlers are responsible for a
variety of warehouse duties. A key component of PepsiCo's success,
Frito-Lay has been making the very best snacks for over 80 years.
Classic Lay's, Cheetos, and Doritos are just a few of the products
that you would help us produce in one of our manufacturing
facilities. Although you will start out working for Frito-Lay, this
job can open the door to career opportunities with our parent
company, PepsiCo.Forklift Experience Preferred
We are open 24 hours a day, which means you may not have a typical
schedule. Part-Time positions may be flexible, averaging between 20
and 25 hours per week.
It's a physical job! If you have never worked in a warehouse
environment before, you should understand that you will be on your
feet for 90% - 95% of your shift. It also gets loud and the
Frito-Lay manufacturing facilities are large. While we want
everyone to feel comfortable, our ability to control the
temperature in our warehouses is limited. Indoor warehouse working
conditions are impacted by seasons and the weather.
Here is a list of some of the more frequent tasks you could expect
to perform during the course of the workday:
* Load and unload pallets and individual cases to and from
trailers, as well as collect empty pallet boards and carry them to
* Pick appropriate cases according to order using required
* Safely operate a forklift after we provide you training and you
* Load trailers via carts or stack cases on the floor of a truck
* Receive and distribute product and assist in weekly product
* General housekeeping and specific sanitation tasks as required
(e.g. you may be asked to sweep the floor, help clean a trailer,
take out the trash, etc.)
* Lift objects that weigh anywhere between 15 pounds and 50 pounds
(i.e. anything from a bowling ball to a twin-size mattress) with or
without a reasonable accommodation
The Frito-Lay Warehouse team comes to us with a wide variety of
experiences, usually after honing their skills with prior success
in warehouses but also other fast-paced environments. While prior
knowledge is always a plus, we are happy to provide thorough
training on OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration),
FDA (Food and Drug Administration), and FSMA (Food Safety
Modernization Act) regulations.
Whether you are experienced or not, please be sure that you meet
the following minimum requirements prior to starting your
* You are 18 years of age or older
* You will be required to work on weekends, holidays as well as off
* You can lift 15 to 50 pounds with or without a reasonable
* You are able to stand and walk for extended periods of time with
or without a reasonable accommodation
* You are able to climb, bend, reach, stoop, kneel, and stretch for
extended periods with or without a reasonable accommodation
* You are able to repeatedly lift, carry, push, pull, and handle
products with or without a reasonable accommodation
* You are willing and able to work at heights using ladders or
lifts to access areas of the plant)
* You are willing and able to work in an environment that has
extreme temperatures, humidity, hazardous/loud equipment, and
For our top performers, we further invest in you by offering
training in the safe operation of a forklift.
People often ask what kind of characteristics will make them
successful in this position. At a minimum, we expect you to show up
because we track attendance closely.
Do you think you have what it takes to perform at our level? Here
is an idea of what our managers are looking for:
* Communication: you will interact with coordinators, peers,
managers, and team leads about issues, downtime and breaks because
communication is essential for a successful day.
* Flexibility: we look out for one another on the warehouse floor
by being flexible when we must tackle production schedule changes,
environmental changes, and sudden work schedule changes.
* Tech Savvy: Frito-Lay is an industry leader when it comes to
smart automated technology and tracking production and inventory.
Being comfortable learning new technology will help you thrive in
our performance based culture.
* Work Ethic: we expect you to go "above and beyond" on your
assigned job tasks. We closely track performance and efficiency
throughout work shifts. This includes volunteering for additional
assignments not directly related to your specific job role because
your performance helps the team achieve overall performance
* Teamwork: we are dependable and accountable to one another
because of our shared passion to attain targets and goals. Offering
help to others without being asked to do so is expected at
* Attention to Detail: you make a conscious effort to pay attention
to the task at hand, accurately read product codes and labels and
correctly pick & load the correct quantity of products for
* Safety Focus: we wear safety equipment, follow current good
manufacturing practices (CGMPs), perform proper forklift
inspections and follow forklift operating guidelines and
procedures, and communicate safety issues and concerns. We believe
that safety is everyone's responsibility.
Does this sound like you? Join nearly 55,000 other Frito-Lay
associates across the country that work hard to bring you the
snacks you love by submitting your application today.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority /
Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws,
including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections
4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal
Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an
applicant under the law, please download the available  EEO is
the Law &  EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View  PepsiCo
Please view our  Pay Transparency Statement.
Keywords: Frito-Lay, Mishawaka , PT Forklift Operator, Professions , Mishawaka, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!