Company: Wellness Pet LLC
Posted on: June 14, 2022
Job DescriptionAbout Wellness Pet CompanyThe Wellness Pet
Company crafts and produces premium natural pet food, treats, and
dental chews. We believe that natural, premium nutrition focused on
proven health outcomes is the foundation of creating a mutual
wellbeing for pets and their families. As a community of people,
Wellies are positively obsessed about how to win for pets and their
parents. We believe in the difference we make every single day, and
we know that when we work collaboratively, Wellies are unstoppable
-- Not only in providing the best nutrition to pets, but in
building a better tomorrow for pets, their parents, and the world.
When you join Wellness Pet, you join a team whose aligned values
and purpose create a unique and exciting place to work every day.
Join us on our adventure to fulfill a life of wellbeing together
with pets and their parents. Our Mishawaka manufacturing facility
is committed to nutritional innovation, product quality, and
safety. To ensure our product quality, we control the entire
manufacturing process in Mishawaka, from consistent quality checks
on all raw materials coming into the plant, to the shipment of our
finished product to customers. Our employees take pride in the
natural products we produce for the pets who depend on us. We offer
our employees a positive, friendly work environment where you can
grow your skills, competitive pay, and excellent benefits – Come
for a walk with us today! Position Summary: This is a multi-faceted
role in that it is responsible for correctly, safely and
efficiently be able to work effectively in both bulk receiving and
palletized receiving roles as required to cover absences and open
positions. Be able to take on a leadership role in the material
receiving area. You must be able to operate a yard spotter in a
safe and effective manner. Be able to receive and process trucks
following the Wellness Pet SOP's and procedures for bulk receiving,
palletized receiving, and tanker unloading. Provide leadership, and
support for FEFO practices for the bulk and palletized raw material
areas. When not covering open positions the utility is expected to
work as an expediter, ensuring productions needs are meet, and
working to minimize the amount of time all raw material trucks
spend on site at Wellness Pet Mishawaka. Duties &
- Cover for absences in bulk receiving and palletized receiving,
being able to fulfill those roles according to the WellPet SOP's,
procedures, and best practices.
- Able to train new bulk receivers and new palletized receivers
in WellPet SOP's, procedures, and best practices.
- Able to communicate effectively via phone calls, emails, and
- Communicate with other employees and truck drivers in
- When not filling for absences or in a training role, function
as an expediter.
- Looking for ways to increase the effectiveness of the bulk and
palletized receivers' efforts.
- Ensure production have the material they need.
- Staging materials and trailers are prepared for the next
- Looking for ways to minimize the amount of time trucks spend on
site at WellPet Mishawka.
- Take on cleaning or stock rotation tasks.
- Take on a leadership role in the raw material area for the
bulk, setting the standard in the receiving areas for safety, food
safety, and best work practices.
- Follow and hold others accountable for following all company
Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Follow the master sanitation schedule for the raw material
- Participate in the year end physical inventory.
- All other duties as assigned. Workplace Safety:
- Completes safety system documentation and verifies compliance
to program standards. Reports deviations to Supervisor.
- Participates in mandatory safety trainings and adheres to all
- Required to report all safety issues, near misses, and injuries
Quality & Food Safety:
- Completes quality & food safety system documentation and
verifies compliance to program standards. Reports deviations to
- Participates in mandatory food safety and quality training
- Preserves the integrity of the BRC system through adherence to
the policies and procedures outlined. Takes actions necessary to
resolve food safety and quality system deficiencies
- Required to report food safety and quality system failures and
take actions necessary to preserve the BRC system. Position
- Demonstrate skill operating yard spotter to include hooking and
unhooking procedures with storage box trailers.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Self-starter. Can work independently.
- Demonstrate an ability to prepare appropriate documentation as
required by the position.
- Valid Driver's License with no recorded accidents within the
past three years.
- Tolerance for both hot and cold environment.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- CDL License desirable but not required.
- Good communication skills; show initiative in accepting
responsibility and able to function with minimal supervision.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work individually or as
part of a team.
- Experience in manufacturing environment, analyzing information,
and evaluating results to choose best solution and solve
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle the pressures associate with
pending multiple open-end transactions.
- Good attendance record and work ethics.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Must be computer literate.
- Attention to detail is a MUST.
- Must be detail-oriented and pay close attention to quality,
accuracy, and schedules.
- Regularly required to climb ladders, sit, stand, bend and lift
up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to work outside in all types of weather, climb ladders
and work from heights.
- Able to walk/stand on hard surfaces for long periods of
- Able to work in confined/tight spaces.
- Potential to work long irregular hours (weekends and holidays
- Ability to work in a potentially physically strenuous
- Read & write English, follow verbal instructions, strong
reading, writing, math and analytical skills required.
- Some manufacturing or agriculture experience preferred. The
Wellness Pet Company is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to equal employment
opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital
status, disability, or Veteran status. #LI-CS1
Keywords: Wellness Pet LLC, Mishawaka , Receiving Lead, Professions , Mishawaka, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!