Bulk Receiving Technician
Posted on: September 17, 2018
About WellPet WellPet is home to the family of premium pet food and treat brands including Wellness--, Old Mother Hubbard--, Eagle Pack--, Holistic Select--, Sojos-- and WHIMZEES--. For more than 100 years, WellPet has delivered on the promise of doing whatever it takes to make the healthiest natural products for the pets that depends on us. Today, our team of animal lovers, nutritionists and vets are committed to carrying forth our strong heritage, continuing to find new ways to bring innovation, nutritional excellence and product quality to our family of natural brands, always putting pet health first. Our Mishawaka manufacturing facility is committed to nutritional innovation, product quality, and safety. To ensure our product quality, we control the entire manufacturing process in Mishawaka, from consistent quality checks on all raw materials coming into the plant to the shipment of our finished product to customers. Our employees take pride in the product we produce for the pets who depend on us. We offer our employees a positive, friendly work environment where you can grow your skills, competitive pay and excellent benefits - Come join us! Position Summary: The Bulk Receiving Technician is responsible for the receipt of incoming bulk ingredients and their storage. Our current opening is on the day/night shift, which runs from 5:45am to 6:00pm. WellPet is a 24/7 manufacturing operation. All of our Bulk Receiving Technicians regularly work 12 hour shifts on a biweekly shift rotation. Weekends and overtime are required. Essential Job Functions:
- Using yard dog, pull trailers to designated locations.
- Weigh and sample loads in compliance with established raw ingredient specifications.
- Unload raw materials according to processes designed to keep product shrink at a minimum.
- Complete written documents for reporting load receipt, weight and other important measures.
- Operate unloading equipment to send raw materials to storage.
- Work with production team to insure timely unloading of raw materials to plant-in locations to meet production schedules.
- Participate and assist in quarterly inventory and year-end inventory process.
- Live out our values around integrity, commitment to customers, commitment to the team, embracing change, continuous improvement and celebrating success. Required Qualifications:
- Ability to read, write, and communicate using the English language.
- Ability to work in an environment which includes frequent exposure to elements such as odor, noise, heat, cold, dust and chemicals.
- Must have a valid driver's license with no recorded accidents within the past three years.
- Works well in a team environment. Desired Qualifications:
- CDL Class A License is preferred.
- Ability to drive, drop and hook yard tractor equipment.
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment.
Keywords: WellPet, Mishawaka , Bulk Receiving Technician, Professions , Mishawaka, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!