Posted on: October 7, 2019
Our Mishawaka manufacturing facility is committed to nutritional
innovation, product quality, and safety. To ensure our product
quality, we control the entire manufacturing process in Mishawaka,
from consistent quality checks on all raw materials coming into the
plant to the shipment of our finished product to customers. Our
employees take pride in the product we produce for the pets who
depend on us. We offer our employees a positive, friendly work
environment where you can grow your skills, competitive pay and
excellent benefits - Come join us!
Position Summary: The Packaging Tech is responsible for correctly,
safely, and efficiently packaging production. Must be able to
operate, troubleshoot packaging equipment according to scheduled
production needs. Our current opening is on the > shift, which
runs from > to > . WellPet is a 24/7 manufacturing operation.
All of our Packaging Technicians regularly work twelve hour shifts
on a biweekly rotation. Weekends and overtime are required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for setting up, starting up and operation of
packaging equipment according to the production schedule.
- Monitors equipment and uses tools to make adjustments, change
over's, small repairs and perform basic maintenance as
- Operates bin discharge.
- Performs sanitation tasks to ensure area meets quality
- Completes re-work as necessary.
- Maintain records and logs during entire packaging process by
entering appropriate information in order to document packaging
process and reconcile usage of materials and transfers of product
within RedZone system.
- Perform and document in-process quality checks on a periodic
basis on representative samples in order to ensure that product is
- Clean, disassemble and reassemble line equipment in order to
prepare machine for inspection or deep cleaning.
- Changeover/set up machine for run by loading product,
components, printer material, etc.; adjusting settings; checking
the line; and obtaining line clearance in order to prepare
equipment for next packaging run.
- Actively follow safety procedures and policies in all job
- Live out our values around integrity, commitment to customers,
commitment to the team, embracing change, continuous improvement
and celebrating success.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work in an environment which includes frequent
exposure to elements such as odor, noise, heat, cold, dust and
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 35-50 pounds in order to move ingredients and
finished product, stand, walk, push/pull up to 50 pounds, reach
overhead, and bend to the floor.
- Demonstrate mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to use basic hand tools.
- Experience with or ability to learn computerized equipment
(i.e.: scales, controllers, computer based operator interfaces,
- Ability to read, write, and communicate using the English
- Previous experience work with packaging systems and conveying
- Prior experience in a production environment, preferably food
or beverage manufacturing.
- Experience operating production machines.
Top 5 Competencies:
- Safety Awareness
- Decision Making/Problem Solving
- Detail oriented
WellPet LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We
celebrate diversity and are committed to equal employment
opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital
status, disability, or Veteran status.
Keywords: WellPet, Mishawaka , Packaging Technician, Professions , Mishawaka, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!